FFL/ Buds Guns deals - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > FFL/ Buds Guns deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 01:00 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I own 3 Weatherby Vanguards and they are all very accurate. The
action is made by Howa (Japan). The Vanguards, IMO, are a lot of
gun for the money.

Certified in napping
Certified in BBQ on the Green Egg

Old 09-30-2011, 04:20 AM   #32
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba_50 View Post
I agree that they can't compete with Walmart and such, but they could still find cheaper suppliers.
The problem is that the big companies deal directly with gun mfg's,and the small dealers have to go thru distributers for the most part.
The distributers buy the guns at wholesale price,and then mark up the price to sell to the dealers.The more guns the dealer buys,the better the price,but the price will always be more than the wholesale price so the distributer will make money on them.

The small dealers can never get the guns for the lowest prices unless they buy a huge dollar amount of guns and accessories from the mfg's at dealer shows like the SHOT show.
Or they sign a contract to be an exclusive dealer for a certain brand,but then they limit themselves on the brands they are able to stock/sell under the contract agreement.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:47 AM   #33
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5687 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 378

My local gun dealer routinely comes in under buds gun prices. By the time i would have paid the shipping ad transfer fee my xdm 45 woulda been 700+ from buds. I was out the door at 650 tax bg check from lgs.

Buds doesnt even list the savage fcp-sr i just got...

If you got a good fair dealer you do regular business with theytend to do special things for ya.

My lgs went to shot show brought back pallets of blazer 22lr he let me purchase a few thousand rounds at 8$ a brick.

Most of the guns i buy are special order only very rarely are their ones he cant get and for those he is happy to xfer for me.

Just depends i guess on how good a customer you are and how nice your dealer is

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-30-2011, 05:16 AM   #34
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
My local gun dealer routinely comes in under buds gun prices. By the time i would have paid the shipping ad transfer fee my xdm 45 woulda been 700+ from buds. I was out the door at 650 tax bg check from lgs.

If you got a good fair dealer you do regular business with theytend to do special things for ya.

My lgs went to shot show brought back pallets of blazer 22lr he let me purchase a few thousand rounds at 8$ a brick.

Most of the guns i buy are special order only very rarely are their ones he cant get and for those he is happy to xfer for me.

Just depends i guess on how good a customer you are and how nice your dealer is
well said, exactly the same thing i was thinking. to get a good deal from LGS, you have to build a relationship with them and do most of your business there. my LGS known i purchase from others than him, but only when i find a really good deal on something i'm interested in. i do most of my business with him and i let him know that. sometimes when i go there i will spend a few hours there looking and talking when i go to pick up something. lot of the chain outlets just want to sell you something, get your money and get you out of the way for the next customer. my LGS takes time to show me the differences and features, or why something might be better suited to my needs. i am very happy to do business with my LGS, and his business is going strong after 33 years and many people recommend him.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #35

Liked 2505 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 1947

IMO it helps if you are focused on your specific needs,

and have made the decision to keep what you buy.

IME, if you are uncommitted or uncertain it can get

costly. With careful shopping, I've gotten some of my

guns at up to 30% off retail. Others I've paid a lot closer

to retail. What really works for me is knowing exactly

what I want, and only buying it once.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #36

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Savage 10FCP 308 10RD TB AS AT $949.00 SHIPS FREE

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 09-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #37

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Springfield XDM 45acp 4.5 Blk $577.00 SHIPS FREE +$25 FFL

Springfield XDM 45 Bitone 4.5 $618.00 SHIPS FREE +$25 FFL

But in both of these cases, I would have bought from my LGS at $650 out the door. It's within my window. My LGS couldn't come within $100 off my XDM9 at $560 in my hands.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 09-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
If I were to open a gun store, it wouldn't be in town, but out of town on some acreage so I could also have a range. That is one thing, fortunately, that you can't do online.
What about Duck Hunt?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #39
gym

These are tough times we all know that, if you can save a hundred dollars on an item, "any item", that's what 95% of the population will do.
I find that there are 2 types of gun buyers, the first is the guy who has to have it now, he doesn't care what it cost, he saw and read about it and he must have it now.
The second id the "thrifty buyer", he knows exactlly how much everything in your store costs. He is a walking catalogue, and he doesn't want to pay a dime more than some guy on the internet's brother told him he paid.You have to be careful not to allow him to get to you, he will try everything if you allow him to continue to talk.He's usually very loud and knows everything, "or thinks he does", he refuses to pay tax call in, or 1 penny above the cost of the gun, he has been in every gun stre for 50 miles "at least" knows everone's name and swears he can get it cheaper,It's best to walk away from him, and just leave him talking to himself.Buds knows him well, they leave him on hold a lot.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #40
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

anytime i have a gun that i want to sell, i use my LGS, because he allows customers to sell on consignment. this is good because i don't have to have an FFL to sell and the person buying has to fill out the form and go through the process to purchase. sometimes for the small fee, it sure does take a lot of headache out of the situation of selling. plus i don't have to worry whether someone is legal to buy and he also takes care of the money. because some people use credit cards and i don't have a way to process credit cards.