Favorite rifle?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Favorite rifle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 366 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default Favorite rifle?

What is your favorite rifle? How is the recoil? Is it cheap. I guess I will start with mine, I love my mosin. Very fun to shoot, recoil is "so-so" and it is fun to take apart and clean. And best of all, it is from mother russia. I also like the history of them, knowing that my rifle shaped the future of the world forever. I also like the ruger 10/22. I have only put 100 rounds through my new one though. Can't wait for the summer where I can shoot all I want. Any, cheers and looking forward to see your posts!

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
stratrider Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #2

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

My favorite rifle is my Winchester Model 94 30-30. I have had it for 40 years. I am also pretty fond of my NM M1A but there is something really special about my Model 94.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
My favorite rifle is my Winchester Model 94 30-30. I have had it for 40 years. I am also pretty fond of my NM M1A but there is something really special about my Model 94.
Looks beautiful. 30-30 is a great hunting caliber.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

readygirl Likes This 
Old 04-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #4

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

What is my favorite rifle?

"ALL OF THEM"

Jim

Old 04-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #5

Liked 181 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 129

My favorite is a Remington made 1903a3. It has a Birdseye Maple stock, drilled and tapped and topped with a Burris FFII scope. With my 155gr handloads it shoots 3/4 inch groups. Its one of many but I suppose my favorite right now.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #6

Liked 734 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 761

If it has a trigger, sights or scope I love all mine. Different rifles serve different purposes, they are tools. I think the 91/30 is a fun rifle and find the recoil rather mild. I admit, I have always been a recoil junkie. It makes me feel alive. Love the smell of burnt powder, even com-blok stuff. Hand me any rifle and I'll shoot it. I may have my commercail 8x57 Husqvarna rebarreled to 9.3x62 soon. The rifling is getting thin, but for now it shoots fine. It is a 1955 Husqvarna 640, 1947 FN '98 receiver.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

cottontop Likes This 
Old 04-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #7

Liked 2304 Times on 1353 Posts
Likes Given: 508

The one I'm most emotionally attached to is a Mauser 95 that was handed down to me from my grandparents. My grandfather sporterized it, and my grandmother used it to harvest deer each year to suplement the winter meat for the family.

From a financial value standpoint, it's not worth a lot, but from the standpoint of a family heirloom it seems priceless.

My favorite for shooting would be my AR.

Favorite for hunting would depend on what is being hunted.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1620 Times on 869 Posts
Likes Given: 2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
What is your favorite rifle? How is the recoil? Is it cheap. I guess I will start with mine, I love my mosin. Very fun to shoot, recoil is "so-so" and it is fun to take apart and clean. And best of all, it is from mother russia. I also like the history of them, knowing that my rifle shaped the future of the world forever. I also like the ruger 10/22. I have only put 100 rounds through my new one though. Can't wait for the summer where I can shoot all I want. Any, cheers and looking forward to see your posts!
I've only had my nugget for a short time but it sure is growing on me. I might be waving the Mosin flag before long. I think it's gotta be at least a candidate for "Best Hog Gun" especially given the steel ammo and bayonet Here's mine:

Old 04-20-2013, 12:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratrider View Post
I've only had my nugget for a short time but it sure is growing on me. I might be waving the Mosin flag before long. I think it's gotta be at least a candidate for "Best Hog Gun" especially given the steel ammo and bayonet Here's mine:
Yeah the bayonet is as big as your leg. If the nagant doesn't intimidate you, then you got some balls.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #10

Trying to separate your favorite from all you own is like trying to pick your favorite child. You love them all equally and each one has its own special quirks that endears it to your heart.
ct

People Like This