Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Favorite rifle? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/favorite-rifle-89158/)

molonlabexx 04-19-2013 08:39 PM

Favorite rifle?

What is your favorite rifle? How is the recoil? Is it cheap. I guess I will start with mine, I love my mosin. Very fun to shoot, recoil is "so-so" and it is fun to take apart and clean. And best of all, it is from mother russia. I also like the history of them, knowing that my rifle shaped the future of the world forever. I also like the ruger 10/22. I have only put 100 rounds through my new one though. Can't wait for the summer where I can shoot all I want. Any, cheers and looking forward to see your posts!

BlueTurf 04-19-2013 09:15 PM

My favorite rifle is my Winchester Model 94 30-30. I have had it for 40 years. I am also pretty fond of my NM M1A but there is something really special about my Model 94.

molonlabexx 04-19-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueTurf (Post 1219731)
My favorite rifle is my Winchester Model 94 30-30. I have had it for 40 years. I am also pretty fond of my NM M1A but there is something really special about my Model 94.

Looks beautiful. 30-30 is a great hunting caliber.

bigjim 04-19-2013 09:20 PM

What is my favorite rifle?

"ALL OF THEM"

Jim

bamashooter68 04-19-2013 09:21 PM

My favorite is a Remington made 1903a3. It has a Birdseye Maple stock, drilled and tapped and topped with a Burris FFII scope. With my 155gr handloads it shoots 3/4 inch groups. Its one of many but I suppose my favorite right now.

jpattersonnh 04-19-2013 09:33 PM

If it has a trigger, sights or scope I love all mine. Different rifles serve different purposes, they are tools. I think the 91/30 is a fun rifle and find the recoil rather mild. I admit, I have always been a recoil junkie. It makes me feel alive. Love the smell of burnt powder, even com-blok stuff. Hand me any rifle and I'll shoot it. I may have my commercail 8x57 Husqvarna rebarreled to 9.3x62 soon. The rifling is getting thin, but for now it shoots fine. It is a 1955 Husqvarna 640, 1947 FN '98 receiver.

SSGN_Doc 04-19-2013 10:09 PM

The one I'm most emotionally attached to is a Mauser 95 that was handed down to me from my grandparents. My grandfather sporterized it, and my grandmother used it to harvest deer each year to suplement the winter meat for the family.

From a financial value standpoint, it's not worth a lot, but from the standpoint of a family heirloom it seems priceless.

My favorite for shooting would be my AR.

Favorite for hunting would depend on what is being hunted.

stratrider 04-19-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molonlabexx (Post 1219684)
What is your favorite rifle? How is the recoil? Is it cheap. I guess I will start with mine, I love my mosin. Very fun to shoot, recoil is "so-so" and it is fun to take apart and clean. And best of all, it is from mother russia. I also like the history of them, knowing that my rifle shaped the future of the world forever. I also like the ruger 10/22. I have only put 100 rounds through my new one though. Can't wait for the summer where I can shoot all I want. Any, cheers and looking forward to see your posts!

I've only had my nugget for a short time but it sure is growing on me. I might be waving the Mosin flag before long. I think it's gotta be at least a candidate for "Best Hog Gun" especially given the steel ammo and bayonet :D Here's mine:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8043/8...e1e17958_c.jpg

molonlabexx 04-20-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stratrider (Post 1219797)
I've only had my nugget for a short time but it sure is growing on me. I might be waving the Mosin flag before long. I think it's gotta be at least a candidate for "Best Hog Gun" especially given the steel ammo and bayonet :D Here's mine:

Yeah the bayonet is as big as your leg. If the nagant doesn't intimidate you, then you got some balls.

cottontop 04-20-2013 01:19 AM

Trying to separate your favorite from all you own is like trying to pick your favorite child. You love them all equally and each one has its own special quirks that endears it to your heart.
ct