Favorite Gun? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Favorite Gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

My hand built Custom 40X put together by the finest precission rifle maker I know, specially since he will do no commercial work so his rifles are not available to the pubilic. It's just fun to put the crosshairs on a spot and watch a hole appear right there.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #22

For those of you who don't know "...what the hell..." a PSD is, the look it up! Your already on the fricken internet! The PSD is used by SWAT and Secret Service.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:51 PM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I am going to assume that by your last comment combined with your first post , you sound like some what a very young lad and are lacking in manners. If you want to have a real conversation or have a question answered by the wealth of knowledge found on this forum that fine. The “PSD” you have referred to is as see on future weapons and as you know YouTube, and then add that into your post. And for the record the LWRC M6A2 is the type of firearm A PSD or personnel security device is what it is used for….

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 08-16-2011, 02:11 AM   #24

first off, i did not see, or even know, that the PSD was on future weapons. I read about it in about 7 different magazines and have seen it shoot personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigjumpr View Post
I am going to assume that by your last comment combined with your first post , you sound like some what a very young lad and are lacking in manners. If you want to have a real conversation or have a question answered by the wealth of knowledge found on this forum that fine. The “PSD” you have referred to is as see on future weapons and as you know YouTube, and then add that into your post. And for the record the LWRC M6A2 is the type of firearm A PSD or personnel security device is what it is used for….

Old 08-16-2011, 03:41 AM   #25

Out of all the rifles I have including the two custom 1000 yard rifles I have my favorite is my 6.5 jap that my dad got from his dad when he was a kid in the 40's and he left to me when we lost him in 07'. It still shoots perfect and I won 2nd place in a local long-range match with it against some really good shooters with some damn good rifles. Thanks dad love you and miss you.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #26

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiTheGunGuy View Post
For those of you who don't know "...what the hell..." a PSD is, the look it up! Your already on the fricken internet! The PSD is used by SWAT and Secret Service.
Quote:
first off, i did not see, or even know, that the PSD was on future weapons. I read about it in about 7 different magazines and have seen it shoot personally.
Really!? Well I took your sage advice and looked it up on the internet (God knows that if it is on the internet it MUST be true) and found generally this definition: “Personal Safety Devices (or PSD's for short). A "PSD" is a tool, device or weapon intended to prevent, discourage, interrupt or respond to a personal attack. PSD's can be whistles, sirens, noxious sprays, electric zappers, and more conventional weapons like guns, knives and clubs.” So based upon this there are a number of “devices” including rifles, sidearm’s, shotguns, etc. that can be classified as a PSD. Because a certain manufacturer labels their latest and greatest offering a PSD, does not make it the sole PSD available. So, rigjumpr’s comments are valid and his comments regarding your manners were a gentle reminder done rather nicely.

Bill
NRA Life Member

"Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Ben Franklin

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45

"It is God’s job to judge and forgive my enemy, I only arrange the meeting." Unidentified Marine

Old 08-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Don't laugh by my FAVORITE rifle is my bone-stock Ruger 10/22 with a $20.00 4X Bushnell scope my grandfather bought for me back in 1974. It goes with me to the range just about every time I shoot (3 ~ 4X weekly). I have other, more tricked out 10/22's...but that one is my favorite.

My AR's are go-to guns. My Arsenal AK is one I will never sell or trade. Same with my FAL. My Ruger Scout is a new rifle I like a LOT! My M1A, and my Garand are ones I also consider "neccessary rifles", but none of the fancy tacticool rifles, or high dollar hunting rifles are nearer to my ticker than that modest little .22.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:08 AM   #28

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Already been mentioned but its quite obvious your young 'n dum - not to mention rude
The term PSD is NOT a common term to those who actually know WTF they're talkin about
Keep reading till you're old enuff to actually own firearms then come see us

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 08-17-2011, 12:24 AM   #29
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5648 Times on 2952 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Quote:
like i have the desire to sift thru 166,000,000 hits on google to figure out exactly what your talking about.

put it in google yourself im not sure what Official PSDs | Your PSD Image Community will do for you firearms wise.

maybe swat teams need to image edit... i dunno

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-17-2011, 02:19 AM   #30
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 574

What's my favorite?

Which ever one I'm holding at that time.I have a whole bunch of favorites!