Encore Rifles
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Encore Rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2007, 04:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Encore Rifles

Is there some kind of advantage to encore rifles where you can switch out the barrel and use alot of different calibers?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-14-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaltoDotMil View Post
Is there some kind of advantage to encore rifles where you can switch out the barrel and use alot of different calibers?
That Is the advantage. You own 1 firearm but it can be a pistol or a carbine and it can also be a varmint gun or a big game gun.
I have an old style Contender and I can get barrels for it that range from .17 caliber all the way up to the potent .375 JDJ as well as calibers like .223, .22 .30-30, .45-70 ETC. All of those are available in carbine and pistol barrels in lengths of 10"-24".
The Encore will allow you to buy black powder barrels for it as well as a wide assortment of center fire rifle cartridges-No rimfire. These are also available in pistol and carbine lengths.
It is my understanding that if you buy a Contender, G2 Contender or Encore you should buy them in the pistol configuration so that they can legally be changed into the carbine variation by simply changing stocks and barrels. Supposedly, if you purchase one in the carbine configuration then you have to leave it as a carbine