Dyna Bore Coat
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Dyna Bore Coat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2014, 02:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 51 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Dyna Bore Coat

Any reports on applying and results of Dyna Bore Coat?
On the Internet site it is quoted for use in black powder as well as modern rifles.
The Au/Sept Hand Loader magazine has a mention on it in a .17 Remington shooting .20 gr bullets at 4377 fps. That caught my attention.
i don't shoot my Weatherby near as much as I would like to partially because of fear of bore erosion. The Rifle is now 38 years old and has about 400 rounds though it in that time. Erosion is not a problem now but I can see wear. Anything that would help in that regards is worth investigating.
The site say the price is 44.99 plus hazardous shipping charges, for what is enough for one rifle perhaps. That's a good bit of change if you order enough for several rifles. Before I do I would like to hear others on it.
I didn't find it at Bass Pro Shop or Gander Mountain, in Nashville. May be the only way to buy it is order it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-30-2014, 03:43 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinbucket View Post
Any reports on applying and results of Dyna Bore Coat?
On the Internet site it is quoted for use in black powder as well as modern rifles.
The Au/Sept Hand Loader magazine has a mention on it in a .17 Remington shooting .20 gr bullets at 4377 fps. That caught my attention.
i don't shoot my Weatherby near as much as I would like to partially because of fear of bore erosion. The Rifle is now 38 years old and has about 400 rounds though it in that time. Erosion is not a problem now but I can see wear. Anything that would help in that regards is worth investigating.
The site say the price is 44.99 plus hazardous shipping charges, for what is enough for one rifle perhaps. That's a good bit of change if you order enough for several rifles. Before I do I would like to hear others on it.
I didn't find it at Bass Pro Shop or Gander Mountain, in Nashville. May be the only way to buy it is order it.
you do realize the 17 Remington is already running the 4000 fps plus to begin with? so they may pick up a couple hundred fps faster velocity.

personally if i were you, if you have only put 400 rounds through that rifle in 38 years, you are not anywhere near wearing the bore or the throat. spend your money elsewhere.

and if this stuff was effective as they say, the benchrest and serious target shooters would be buying the stuff by the 55 gallon drum and using it. some of those guys can wear a barrel to the point of losing accuracy because of the hot and fast rounds they shoot in 1000-300 rounds. that can be in a year or less that they are replacing a barrel with a new one.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1961 Times on 1158 Posts
Likes Given: 930

I have seen many of these 'bore treatments' come and go over the (many) years I have been shooting and none of them seem to work as advertised. The only thing I have found to work is to moly coat the bullets. I have had great results with that, but it is messy and time consuming so I have gotten away from it too.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-30-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I have seen many of these 'bore treatments' come and go over the (many) years I have been shooting and none of them seem to work as advertised. The only thing I have found to work is to moly coat the bullets. I have had great results with that, but it is messy and time consuming so I have gotten away from it too.
i the last few years, some of the bullet manufacturers have been offering some bullets already coated from the factory.