Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > DPMS Lo Pro Classic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 01:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default DPMS Lo Pro Classic

Hey everyone, let me starting by saying I have a pretty limited experience with AR-15. I'm getting into coyote hunting and looking to buy my first AR. I am looking at the DPMS Lo Pro Classic and would like some opinions on this gun specifically. I would like to hear what kind of accuracy to expect out of it with factory loads (I don't have a reload station so handloads are out of the question) I know this is a value rifle but I would like to know if it will be a sub MOA shooter at 100 yards and a good starter coyote rifle. I will not be putting thousands of rounds through it or doing anything other than range and hunting. Thanks in advance for any help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-22-2014, 11:15 PM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1116 Times on 643 Posts
Likes Given: 523

DPMS makes a decent product. The triggers are horrible,and need to be upgraded.
The rifle you're looking at is an entry level rifle,and I wouldn't expect sub-MOA capabilities with it from factory ammo. It could probably do it with hand loaded ammo,but I doubt it with factory.
Save a little more money and get a better equipped rifle with a free floated barrel,and better trigger,and then you will have what you want without needing to change a bunch of stuff on it in order to have a good shooting rifle.
The Panther Bull 20 is a good rifle,but the trigger needs upgrading,the Prairie Panther comes with a decent trigger,and is lighter weight for a little more money.

I shoot a DPMS LR-260H,and the trigger was swapped out before I ever shot it. I put a RRA 2 stage NM trigger in every AR platform I shoot. My 223 and 458 SOCOM are Rock River Arms,and I have always liked their products. The 223 is a 20" Varminter,and it has always performed very well,but I hand load for every rifle I shoot,and don't buy factory ammo.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club