Do you keep all your guns loaded?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Do you keep all your guns loaded?

View Poll Results: Do you keep all of your guns loaded ?
Yes loaded and "stashed" 21 30.00%
Yes but just loaded not spread around 13 18.57%
No I either carry or keep them in the safe 36 51.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 04:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Do you keep all your guns loaded?

This poll only applies to people without children. Do you keep your firearms loaded and stashed around your house?(including your .22's) I personally keep all my firearms loaded even my .22's and keep them out in the open until I have guests.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2010, 04:11 AM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Just 1 shotgun and a Mini 14 loaded, rest are clubs.

Oh and my pitbull is always ready to pee on a stranger at all times. She looks intimidating, guess thats better then nothing.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:14 AM   #3

I keep a 12 gauge tactical loaded and kept 2 steps from my side of the bed. I keep a full size and a sub compact loaded with 2 extra mags each (or speed loaders). I select one set to carry that day, and keep the other in a safe.

My rifles are not loaded and are kept in hard cases. The handguns not mentioned above are not loaded and are kept in a safe.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:35 AM   #4

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

The options are a little limiting. I have no children, but I keep all my firearms locked up. My reason for that, though, is to keep them out of the hands of a burglar if ever I was robbed.

I keep everything loaded for 2 reasons:

-What use is an unloaded gun? I want to be ready for anything.
-If I keep some guns loaded, others unloaded, and never really knowing which is which, I think that increases my chances of making a mistake sometime.

I know one is supposed to treat every gun as loaded, but in my home that is literally true.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 12-13-2010, 08:15 AM   #5
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7090 Times on 4267 Posts
Likes Given: 8598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badshot320 View Post
Oh and my pitbull is always ready to pee on a stranger at all times. She looks intimidating, guess thats better then nothing.
I would not mess or challenge any dog, especially a pit bull. I don't ever want to find out what that particular dog is 'made of'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
The options are a little limiting. I have no children, but I keep all my firearms locked up. My reason for that, though, is to keep them out of the hands of a burglar if ever I was robbed.

I keep everything loaded for 2 reasons:

-What use is an unloaded gun? I want to be ready for anything.
-If I keep some guns loaded, others unloaded, and never really knowing which is which, I think that increases my chances of making a mistake sometime.

I know one is supposed to treat every gun as loaded, but in my home that is literally true.
I keep my one gun locked up always because there is a small child that visits here often AND I don't want it stolen if someone were to break into my home.

Here's kind of a funny story. I went to the gun shop I frequent when they were having a big sale. That is when I bought my Ruger GP100. Mind you, I know next to nothing about guns except basic safety. Some of the guys working behind the counter were wearing guns. I had never seen that before and the guy who was helping me at the counter had dealt with me before and had kind of 'taken me under his wing'. When I'd stop at the gun shop I'd always ask for him and if I called there with questions, again, I'd ask for him. He is very kind, patient and encouraging. Anyway..........I nod towards the worker carrying gun and I ask if it's loaded. He looks at me as if he wanted to say 'What? Are you some kind of dumb sh!t?' But he nicely says to me "What good is carrying a gun if it's not loaded." Of course, at that moment it made all the sense in the world to me.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #6

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Default all of them

always loaded

i have seen the light

Old 12-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #7
jbd

always loaded and in the safe except the one I carry and the one my wife carries.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #8

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

There's over 50 firearms in this house. There's no way I'd leave all those loaded.That being said I keep a pistol with me or on my desk There's also a shotgun in my bedroom. I do have some loaded mags but they are with the rifles locked up. If I'm needing that kind of firepower I probably got bigger problems on my hands than opening that safe.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 233 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 499

In the safe locked up, except for my carry.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 12-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #10

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=winds-of-change;402059]I would not mess or challenge any dog, especially a pit bull. I don't ever want to find out what that particular dog is 'made of'.

I keep my one gun locked up always because there is a small child that visits here often AND I don't want it stolen if someone were to break into my home.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man. Can you imagine being a BG,creeping around someones home in the dark,and out of no where hear a shotgun being racked,the deep,sinister growl of a dog,then a SureFire blinds you?......Bad things!!
In our home the ones you can see are not loaded.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7