Do I really need anything more? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Do I really need anything more?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default getting a little thin skinned

guys i guess i am a little thin skinned, had a long night , my daughter in law is in the hospital about to deliver another boot for the corps! spent 5 hrs in the waiting room and was in a real bad mood when that person got on my case. I know my spelling is the S***s but to be truthful typing is painful to me, i use my thumbs and a pencil rigged with wire that fits my thumb and for finger, crude but it works, ill be on the forum as much as i can,
SEMPER FI

ymmas in the flint hills

Old 05-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'm glad you stuck around, you seem like good people.

BTW, did the new baby arrive yet?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #23

Default its a boy!!!!!!!

we knew it was going to be but setting around doing nothing for 5 hrs will drive me up a wall in short order, sort of like sitting in a bunker getting smacked with Russian/ Chinese arty, take car
ymmas in the flint hills

Old 05-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Pronunciation, Punctuation,phluxcapacitor!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcomf View Post
I have no idea what your first post said but, honestly, use a spell checker. Punctuation and grammar always count. Not one single period in the entire ramble.
You Sir Can Cover My Back Any Day! God Bless and Don't Let The Basterds Grind You Down. Wills In da Swamp In La.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #25

To be perfectly clear ymmas, i was not saying that anything that you did was rude. I hope you understand that i was talking about that other poster.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #26

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Congratulations Grandpa!! A belated Welcome to the FTF, and it sounds like you have the family covered!

Old 05-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #27

yes sir, 45, and 40s and some 9 and for each of the ladies i bought waltherP380 as they all fell in lovewith my P22
semper fi
ymmas

Old 05-09-2010, 08:42 PM   #28

Default What about ammo?

IMHO

Diversity is a dirty word, especially in our government, but also in our gunrack.

I am guilty also. I have rifles in nearly a dozen calibers.
When the recent malady overtook our country, I decided I should stock up on some ammo. Not a stockpile, mind you, but enough to keep my firearms operational if used judiciously.

I realized that if I had several rifles of fewer different calibers instead of many different calibers, I would be in better shape.

First of all, if one firearm breaks, I have a bunch of ammo for it and nothing to shoot that ammo in. Also, I could have twice as much ammo that would work in several firearms. I wish I had done it differently now.

I also would have opted for a couple .308/7.62 NATO rifles (I have nothing in that caliber) as ammo should be available (from one source or another) for a while (I would hope). I don't have any AR types in .223 or AK type rifles. I figure if the time comes I really need one, there'll be plenty laying on the ground.

As far as caliber, I have .243s for the grandkids, 30-06s for the kids (and they all know how to use and maintain them) and several .22s and shotguns as needed. I prefer my .260 Rem. in short action and .280 in long. Rounded off with a .300WSM for any heavy lifting.

I have reloading setups and components to add a little more diversity and also a couple buckshot molds (#4 & OO) for shotshells.

I pray that I will never have to head for the hills, but am ready if necessary.
If I am left alone and only need to shoot for food, I and my progeny should be good for a few generations. Then it's making BP for the flintlocks and arrows. (did I mention several compound and long bows and a stock of arrows?)
BTW, metalworking/blacksmithing skills will be invaluable.

God Bless America

Brig.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dteed4094 View Post
Its really nice to know Dcomf is a literary genius but it seems he could use a lesson in getting along with people without trying to find fault. I understood ymmas perfectly and would much rather communicate with him than someone that is going to scrutinize my grammar.

It's not asking much for someone to post something semi-literate, at most intelligible. Spell check exists for a reason, but if someone chooses to show his ignorance of his native language in such a blatant way then expect to be called on it. Spelling and grammar always count, or at least an attempt at it. Most of you guys probably bitch about how this country has been dumbed-down when you are guilty of aiding and abetting. To the Op congratulations on the birth.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #30

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcomf View Post
I have no idea what your first post said but, honestly, use a spell checker. Punctuation and grammar always count. Not one single period in the entire ramble.
The man said he was not all that great a speller. And really. Who the hell cares? He got his point across. THe guy was just askling advice about what he has at home/. Not for an language arts lesson.

Newest Threads