Do I really need anything more?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Do I really need anything more?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Do I really need anything more?

good afternoon, new to this group , i am a 67 year old male spent 6 years in the corps ending in 69, i own a few acres on the borders of ok and ks locally called the sand hills, this is mine and this is were ill make my stand if pushed into it, iknow the terain i know te flora and fuana( SPELLING IS NOT MY STOCK & TRADE) , my wepons locker holds these calibers, 2 ea 223, 1ea22-250, 1ea 25-06, 3 each 243, , 4 ea 308 2 each 30-06 , too the south of the stand is open terrain and gullys, to the north is rolling hills gullys and black jack timber east is small towns and factorys to the west is a platau and gullys prarie hay and blue stem , am i set up ok for what may happen, i am not a radical just a little woreied about me and mine , i was taught to hold and squeez by some of the best wepons people on earth, , i have done what i had to out to 1300 yds, not meters knowing this do ihave enough caliber our should i hunt down a couple of 35 whelins
ymmas

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-10-2009, 11:38 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Welcome to the Forum - I think what you have now is a great collection. The .06 alone will do just about anything needing done in a SHTF scenario. The .223's can have ammo found everywhere.

NEED is a personal opinion. If you think you need more, you will probably find a weapon that makes perfect sense to you to own.

At least that is how it works for me.

JD

Old 05-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sounds like a fine collection ! Welcome !
An accurate 22lr rifle and a quality 12g might
make it easier for small game. Hand gun for
me is important, also.

I'm also a vet from 1966-70, with 11 months
in and around Danang.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:05 AM   #4

Default ok

semper fi bud, there are 6 in my family ,counting 2 son in laws , thats 8 just short 1 for 3 fire teams, they are armed that way ! total of 11 hand guns 5 45 and the rest three 40, and 3 9mm, i didnt even include the 22s rifles 8 and a few rugers22 auto, hope we never need this stuff but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
semper fi ymmas

Old 05-11-2009, 12:11 AM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Welcome to the forum ymmas.

Thank you for your service.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:11 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2730 Times on 1429 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Sounds like you have it pretty well covered except for a couple of 12 ga pump guns.

Thank you for your service. I've got your 6, from Central Texas.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 05-13-2009, 03:27 AM   #7

hey dillenger, you were right went north to a gun show picked up a old savage in win 300mag , that ought to work real well ,the rifle and 250 empty,s for 475.00 priced the brass , hell i may have to resort too bank robbery

ymmas

Old 05-16-2009, 08:48 PM   #8

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Good job on the 300 Wmag. Thats what alot of our boys are sniping with these days, as it packs some extra wallop that the ol 7.62 cant provide.

I know Navy distance shooters use it alot, That and the .338 Lapua.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8832 Times on 3824 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

You could do a lot worse than what you have. Link- scroll WAY down the left side, look for article called "Minimum Battery". Author is a friend who is faculty at Virginia Tech. THE NEW RIVER VALLEY OUTDOORSMAN

While a shotgun has much less range than any rifle, there are times they are very useful, and a handgun is much more portable.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #10

Default updated the wepons locker

setting back watching the world go by, ive come to think that the MESS is going to be sooner rather than later, so ive added 6 new wepons, 1 i bought 1 out right the other 5 i orderd parts and spent some time in the work shop assembeling 5 m4 carbines, 4 in 5.56 and 1 in 6,8 spc' the help listed in this forum made the 1st one a good wepon but they got better as i got used to the flow and didnt try any short cuts, many thanks from me and mine to you and yours
ymmas in the flint hills