Dislike for certain calibers? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Dislike for certain calibers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 04:16 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
So what is your approved alternative?

I like .45 simply because it's a great round to shoot. If one is serious about "no kidding" one shot stops, one brings more than a handgun.

The caliber I don't get is the .357 sig. I don't hate it, just don't get the hype.
Ten Mike Mike.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 02-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #62

.22 just because they're so tiny, but then again, I like the 556 round so....

Old 02-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #63

Liked 226 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed
Because everyone of its delusional fanboys swear its the greatest manstopper, the end all be all of handgun calibers.

They just can't comprehend that it's a dinosaur. Slow, weak, outdated.
Slow,yes... weak and outdated? I don't think so,its proven itself over many years. Just because something old doesn't mean its run its course,there's plenty of things that have been around 100 years with no changes to their design. Its not the greatest manstopper,no handgun cartridge is. But its proved its worth in gunfights and a few wars for over a centery.

That said,I've noticed your a 10mm lover. I can't blame you,that cartridge truly is in my opinion the optimum balance of velocity/weight/caliber and trully packs a whollop most semi-auto cartridges don't,including .45. If it was more common and less expensive it would be my go-to cartridge as well. But if 10mm disappeared off the face if the earth,would you trully write off .45acp in your search for a caliber choice with little thought?

Just some food for thought... just because you found something better doesn't mean its still not one of the next best options.

Im by no means a .45 fanboy,im currently thinking about selling mine for a 9mm... im starting to come to the opinion of "it'll put a hole in someone wont it" when being questioned about what caliber is better than another. Because at the end of the day guns shoot bullets,and bullets kill people... I'd rather have a gun I like and can shoot the most effectively with above all else. But that's just my opinion.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #64
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i am with some of the others in that if it fits into a firearm, sends a bullet downrange, i want it! i do have preferences, have had some kick the living snot out of my shoulder too. i like oddball and obscure calibers too. i like the modern calibers and those with a little history behind them. i can remember when the 257 Roberts was common and popular, i had one years ago, and now i want another one, but are harder to find now. the 220 Swift, owned a few of them years ago, but have gotten harder to find also. i also would like another 338 Win. Mag. to own. never had a 300 Win. Mag., but i would like one to own and shoot. there are many more that are on my list of calibers and guns that i would like to have.