Dislike for certain calibers? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Dislike for certain calibers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default 45 acp

Because everyone of its delusional fanboys swear its the greatest manstopper, the end all be all of handgun calibers.

They just can't comprehend that it's a dinosaur. Slow, weak, outdated.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 02-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #52

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed
Because everyone of its delusional fanboys swear its the greatest manstopper, the end all be all of handgun calibers.

What is the caliber willful?

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 02-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2837 Times on 1408 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post

So what is your approved alternative?

I like .45 simply because it's a great round to shoot. If one is serious about "no kidding" one shot stops, one brings more than a handgun.

The caliber I don't get is the .357 sig. I don't hate it, just don't get the hype.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 02-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #54

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
What is the caliber willful?

He has .45acp on the subject line.
I like .45acp, but do agree to a point there are altenitives.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #55

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh
He has .45acp on the subject line.
I like .45acp, but do agree to a point there are altenitives.
Im dont this from my phone so i dont see the subject.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #56

I too hate the .40 s&w don't really know why tho. Have shot it multiple times, but there is something about it that I just don't like... Subconsciously of course

Old 02-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #57

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I'm a big fan of the .45 it's worked all these years, I mean hell the 45-70 is old same with the 30-06 but they still do they're job as they were designed to do. Honestly if I have to go into hell I don't want any new caliber I want the go old .45 true it does has stopping power I've shot the 45 ACP since I was a young boy. It may be a old cartridge but it still kicks ass.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 02-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #58

Default big belted magnums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGReaper View Post
I expect that I am almost alone in that I have no use for the 7 mm Rem.Mag. At best it has only a slight advantage over the 30-06 and is not in the same league as the .300 Win.Mag.
This is one cartridge that I would not buy a gun chambered for.
TGR

No, you are not alone. I will agree with you. I would prefer a 7x57 or the .280 Remington over the 7mm Mag. anyday. I'll go one further, I have no use for the .300 Win Mag. either; as well as any of the belted magnums. Why take all of that shoulder abuse, and burn lots of powder for a slight gain. A person is better off shooting a lighter cartridge of adequate power and learning how to shoot it accurately so that he or she can consistantly make proper shot placements.
cottontop

Old 02-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #59

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
No, you are not alone. I will agree with you. I would prefer a 7x57 or the .280 Remington over the 7mm Mag. anyday. I'll go one further, I have no use for the .300 Win Mag. either; as well as any of the belted magnums. Why take all of that shoulder abuse, and burn lots of powder for a slight gain. A person is better off shooting a lighter cartridge of adequate power and learning how to shoot it accurately so that he or she can consistantly make proper shot placements.
cottontop
So, Having enough penetration and energy mean nothing? I love old pressure rounds, but the 7x57 has limits compared w/ 7mm Remington Magnum. It really depends on where/ what you hunt. W/ a 160gr Barnes 7mm RM at 4 times the distance really reaches out, it keeps the 7x57 at 150 yards for and equal hit.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:15 AM   #60

Default 7 mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
So, Having enough penetration and energy mean nothing? I love old pressure rounds, but the 7x57 has limits compared w/ 7mm Remington Magnum. It really depends on where/ what you hunt. W/ a 160gr Barnes 7mm RM at 4 times the distance really reaches out, it keeps the 7x57 at 150 yards for and equal hit.

Having enough penetration and energy does mean something. But how much penetration and energy is enough? In most situations the 7x57 has it. Like Clint Eastwood said, "...know your limitations."
cottontop