Disappointed - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 791 Times on 553 Posts
Likes Given: 865

My FFL charges me $15.00 per transfer. There is no tax here! I buy them and have them shipped to him. Simple. My old FFL dealer went up from $20.00 to $40.00 about 6 years ago. I have not been back to his shop since, for anything.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:40 PM   #12

Well I looked around...and found a small gun shop that charges 30 bucks per transfer. I am going to go with him till I can join a shooting range club...maybe they have discounts for members.

Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
maybe look for the guy that is just doing transfers out of his garage for $20.
Will do....most FFL that show up in searches, I have been too and they charge around 50 bucks

Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
At this point in the game, I consider anything over $35 for a transfer fee to be gouging. The dealer should be compensated, but should realize the good will generated to be invaluable. The customer will come back for other, instock, more profitable items. Too many dealers act like they are doing us, the CUSTOMERS, a favor by even being in business. With the cost of living in McAllen, $75 is just plain theft.
Where in Texas are you from robocop10mm?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #13
Liked 144 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 767

the guy around here with his FFL (pawn shop)charges 25bucks for the transfer...700bucks for a AK-CLONE!...GD.....that makes me feel a little better on the deal i got last week...yugo SKS & a sar-1 AK both for 300bucks + 500rds of yugo ammo....(no theyre not HOT!)...the deals are out there...either find them...or make sure your karma is in balance!