Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   the difference between a remington 770 action and a remington 700 action is??? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/difference-between-remington-770-action-remington-700-action-52085/)

Ryno702 11-19-2011 07:51 AM

the difference between a remington 770 action and a remington 700 action is???

Trying to figure out the difference. Thanx

winds-of-change 11-19-2011 08:31 AM

Previous discussion..........

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/remington-770-vs-remington-model-700-a-47385/

Axxe55 11-19-2011 11:06 AM

ryno, there is a big difference between the two. nothing will interchange as they are two completely different actions. the 770, the bolt is sloppy, the trigger is heavy and feels gritty, the triggerguard is molded into the stock, and the it and finish is crappy. i had one once, couldn't wait to get rid of it. if you have to, save up a little more and buy the M700 instead, way better rifle. if your budget only allows that price range, check out the Savage Axis, the Stevens 200, or the Marlin X7 series of rifles. much better in the long run.

Ryno702 11-20-2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55
ryno, there is a big difference between the two. nothing will interchange as they are two completely different actions. the 770, the bolt is sloppy, the trigger is heavy and feels gritty, the triggerguard is molded into the stock, and the it and finish is crappy. i had one once, couldn't wait to get rid of it. if you have to, save up a little more and buy the M700 instead, way better rifle. if your budget only allows that price range, check out the Savage Axis, the Stevens 200, or the Marlin X7 series of rifles. much better in the long run.

Thanx axxe. I am saving for a r700. Was just curious. I had a 700 once but had to get rid of it and now really miss it. Didn't get to learn much about them then and Getn more into it now. I like the options you have with a 700 and mainly the reliability factor. I wanna build it so that's y I was asking about the "Actions".
Do you know nething about the Browning A bolt? Just starting to look at those too.

Axxe55 11-20-2011 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryno702 (Post 631806)
Thanx axxe. I am saving for a r700. Was just curious. I had a 700 once but had to get rid of it and now really miss it. Didn't get to learn much about them then and Getn more into it now. I like the options you have with a 700 and mainly the reliability factor. I wanna build it so that's y I was asking about the "Actions".
Do you know nething about the Browning A bolt? Just starting to look at those too.

the browning rifles are very good rifles and are probaby a little more expensive than the remingtons. if you are looking to build of the M700 action, check out Brownells website for bare remington M700 actions for sale. this was the way i went for my custom rifle build. if this is an option that appeals to you, have your LGS or gun dealer order it from Brownells for you, when it comes in, go fill out the paperwork and your on your way to building a rifle. i will provide as much information as needed if you want more about it.

Ryno702 11-20-2011 02:48 AM

Cool. I appreciate it. I'm sure ill ahave q's...

Ryno702 11-20-2011 05:37 AM

Brownells doesn't have any. How much did you pay for yours? The action that is? I need the long action for 30.06 rite? Thanx

BlueTurf 11-20-2011 11:54 PM

The only comment I have is that I have never heard anything good about the Remington 770 from anybody who has one. I know a bunch of people bought them because they were a lot cheaper than the 700s and other popular rifles, but they are not getting good reviews. Ammo is going to cost the same no matter what rifle it is shot through, so why not spend a little more and get one that would shoot better? To each his own, your money, your gun.

Powersportgiant 11-21-2011 12:35 AM

I picked up a Remington 770 a couple weeks ago for $280 OTD. I am not a big deer hunter but I did not want to be restricted to a shotgun for the once or twice a year that I go. It came with a bore sighted bushnell scope. I shot 40 rounds through it last weekend and I believe it's a fine rifle for what it is. And what it is, is a cheap entry level rifle. I was drilling 3" groups at 150 yards, I know that is not a long ways out, but it will fit me needs. It's not a top quality firearm, but it seems fairly accurate and goes boom when the trigger is pulled. Mine is a .308 BTW.

Axxe55 11-21-2011 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powersportgiant (Post 632402)
I picked up a Remington 770 a couple weeks ago for $280 OTD. I am not a big deer hunter but I did not want to be restricted to a shotgun for the once or twice a year that I go. It came with a bore sighted bushnell scope. I shot 40 rounds through it last weekend and I believe it's a fine rifle for what it is. And what it is, is a cheap entry level rifle. I was drilling 3" groups at 150 yards, I know that is not a long ways out, but it will fit me needs. It's not a top quality firearm, but it seems fairly accurate and goes boom when the trigger is pulled. Mine is a .308 BTW.

as long as you understand it's limitations and only use it a few times a year to hunt, then all should be fine. if one of my M700's had a 3" group at 150 yards, i would swear the barrel was bent!:eek: