Dicks Store Policy Sucks - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Dicks Store Policy Sucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #51
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5991 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 427

in wisconsin i get the perp walk from cabelas. but not at gander mountain. my local shop i buy most of my new guns from walks it to the door for me at rheinamans true value in burlington. but i think he is just being nice some of the other area dealers i buy used from dont care and looked at me funny last time i asked for help to my truck....

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #52

I have bought from Dicks on the rare occasion they are less than others. I have bought from Academy also when they are less than others. Both walked me to the door of the store (not the car). I have never had to wait for 3 days (?) to receive a gun.
With that said; I hate Dick’s store. I have always had to hunt down help and they always act like it’s a chore. Their checkout system is the slowest most asinine system in the developed world. But If I can save some money…I’ll do it. I usually buy at a local gun store that will match Dick’s but if they do not have the same gun I go back to Dick’s (or Academy).
My final excuse for passing through Dick’s door is Target is next door. I have the choice of going through Dick’s or through Target with the spouse……..

Old 01-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #53

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have never had to wait on any gun...fill out the paperwork, pay, and take the gun home. Nice thing about having my CCL is that I don't even have to go through the calling in crap...they just have to see the license and have me fill out the paperwork. Usually takes no more than 15 minutes from the time I say "I'll take it" until I'm on my way out the door with my new gun.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 01-05-2011, 05:59 AM   #54

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default biggie stores

they look at you like a criminal ....but will checkout a nervous weirdo thats buying a hatchet,duct tape ,some rope,and a stun gun,rubber gloves.