Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Detachable Magazine System Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Detachable Magazine System Help

Hey guys I own a Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .308 caliber. My problem is that it has a internal magazine and I would love to have a detachable magazine system. I've looked into them and came up with three to choose from. The choice are the CDI Precision, H-S Precision, and the Seekins Precision detachable magazine system. I'm leaning towards the seekins precision DMS because it has a push button release on the side. Wanted to know if any of you guys had any experience with any of them. If not any experience with the company that makes them.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-30-2009, 10:51 PM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/remington-700-mag-conversion-19671/

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/700-sps-help-20896/

Old 01-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default DM

You could buy a Remington DM stock and any number of DM assy's. That would be the cheapest. I have a Bell & Carlson with a Remington DM on my 06 and it works great. Ken

Old 01-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #4

Kevin Wyatt of Wyatt Outdoors has developed a 308 Winchester (5 and 10 round configuration) DM system for the Remington 700 blue print. We have been using the Badger Ordnance system for our MPI Spartan MK1 308 Winchester sniper rifles, but we are transitioning to the Wyatt system. It is lighter and just as strong and robust, if not more so, and the lead time on ordering is a couple of weeks.

Mike McIntyre
VP Operations
MPI Rifles, LLC
www.mpirifles.com

Old 01-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #5

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcBook View Post
Hey guys I own a Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .308 caliber. My problem is that it has a internal magazine and I would love to have a detachable magazine system. I've looked into them and came up with three to choose from. The choice are the CDI Precision, H-S Precision, and the Seekins Precision detachable magazine system. I'm leaning towards the seekins precision DMS because it has a push button release on the side. Wanted to know if any of you guys had any experience with any of them. If not any experience with the company that makes them.
Surgeon Rifles has bottom metal that takes AI mags. The cheapest deal is to buy directly from them. You get an AI 5 round mag with it. This is NOT a drop in unit and requires modifications to the stock (I do not think it will work with the factory stock) and several of the units you mention will too. What I like about it is that to drop the mag all you have to do is extend your trigger finger and push a tab. Fast and built lie a tank.