CZ527 Varmint 223 Rem Laminate & ?????? Scope - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > CZ527 Varmint 223 Rem Laminate & ?????? Scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Scope Consideration

I have just ordered my CZ Varmint with Laminated stock in .223. I ordered the Picatinney rail scope mount (16mm) Weaver type because my scope does not use rings. I have two of these scopes, as does my hunting partner (brother in law) and we love them to death. Burris Eliminator.

We prairie dog hunt. Dogs ranging from 20 feet to 500 yards are almost one shot one kill using our ar15 platform varmint rifles. We just wanted to also have a CZ Bolt gun. Now I am sure we will get the standard "500 Yards with a .223 - BS" but we do it and the ranges are mostly in the 400 yard range or less. The scope will laser range out to 800 yards on a hard target and even at 500, a prairie dog may not register, but a fence post will. That's all it needs. The scope emits a light at the holdover point on the vertical cross bar based on your bullet trajectory. We sight them in at 100 yards and then prove our shots at other ranges.

The scope is a 4-12 power. Sure we would like 16 or even more power but it didnt come in that. Their new one does however and ranges out to 1200 yards - with windage assist too. We have found that 12 power is plenty for prairie dogs.

Mostly we shoot .223 reloads in 55 V-max. Have also shot other too and the scope adjusts for whatever I want to shoot. I have used it on my Armalite .308 too.

Cant provide a pic till I get the rifle. But look up the Burris Eliminator. It is a bit heavy but we shoot from a rest and dont carry it around. The scope is so much fun it ought to be illegal. With current gun panic it may someday.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #12

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I have just ordered my CZ Varmint with Laminated stock in .223. I ordered the Picatinney rail scope mount (16mm) Weaver type because my scope does not use rings. I have two of these scopes, as does my hunting partner (brother in law) and we love them to death. Burris Eliminator.

We prairie dog hunt. Dogs ranging from 20 feet to 500 yards are almost one shot one kill using our ar15 platform varmint rifles. We just wanted to also have a CZ Bolt gun. Now I am sure we will get the standard "500 Yards with a .223 - BS" but we do it and the ranges are mostly in the 400 yard range or less. The scope will laser range out to 800 yards on a hard target and even at 500, a prairie dog may not register, but a fence post will. That's all it needs. The scope emits a light at the holdover point on the vertical cross bar based on your bullet trajectory. We sight them in at 100 yards and then prove our shots at other ranges.

The scope is a 4-12 power. Sure we would like 16 or even more power but it didnt come in that. Their new one does however and ranges out to 1200 yards - with windage assist too. We have found that 12 power is plenty for prairie dogs.

Mostly we shoot .223 reloads in 55 V-max. Have also shot other too and the scope adjusts for whatever I want to shoot. I have used it on my Armalite .308 too.

Cant provide a pic till I get the rifle. But look up the Burris Eliminator. It is a bit heavy but we shoot from a rest and dont carry it around. The scope is so much fun it ought to be illegal. With current gun panic it may someday.
It is in my State.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #13

Default Choose words carefully

I guess I shouldnt say things as I did about this scope being so much fun. With all the negativity involved for firearms, and states such as NH, it only feeds the resolve of those that would take our liberties away.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #14

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I guess I shouldnt say things as I did about this scope being so much fun. With all the negativity involved for firearms, and states such as NH, it only feeds the resolve of those that would take our liberties away.
In NH we are truely Live free or Die, but laser scopes are a no no. The State figures if you are going to hunt, some skill and knowledge should be on your part.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.