Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > cz 550 ucs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 03:46 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4464 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Default cz 550 ucs

Any one know how inherently accurate the cz 550 ucs is?? Its a cool looking rifle with detachable mags set trigger qd suppressor mount bell carlson aluminum bedded stock and a few other goodies. Cant seem to find info regarding how it actually shoots.

Used to have a remington 700 xcr compact tactical but i ended up getting rid of it cuz i had a helluva time loading the thing. I would get bullets stuck int left side of the reciever under the rail. Never could get the hang of it so i traded it off.

I do like how the 550 ucs looks and especially the suppressor part.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2011, 04:51 AM   #2

Default Here's the gouge...

I have three CZ550 Varminters, CZ-USA -> CZ 550 Varmint, with Gemtech HVT/QD, Bushnell 6500 Elite Mil-Dot (Bushnell - Elite 6500 4.5-30 x 50mm, Matte [654305MD]), Harris bipods (Harris Bipods - HBRS Bipod), ATN PS22-3A (ATN PS22-3A NVDNPS223A - Day/Night System - ATN Night Vision Equipment), Blackhawk SAW sling, and Blackhawk scope and suppressor/muzzle covers. Ammo is 208gr AMAX driven by 40gr of Varget.

Ammo is in 10rd box magazines. The year I bought the rifles, only 60 magazines were imported into the US. I got 42 of them. Rifles came with 5rd mags.

Accuracy? You betcha! Sub-MOA... There's a reason why the Euros like them for sniper rifles...

Best bang for the long range buck you'll ever see...

Glockcurmudgeon, out...

"You can kill a free man, you can't enslave him." -Robert Anson Heinlein- American Patriot

Shot placement is king, yes. But penetration is queen, and a wide wound channel is the ace in the hole. -Cuda66

Μολὼν λαβέ (Molōn labe!)

Last edited by Glockcurmudgeon; 08-23-2011 at 04:52 AM. Reason: grammar...

Old 08-23-2011, 04:58 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockcurmudgeon View Post
I have three CZ550 Varminters, CZ-USA -> CZ 550 Varmint, with Gemtech HVT/QD, Bushnell 6500 Elite Mil-Dot (Bushnell - Elite 6500 4.5-30 x 50mm, Matte [654305MD]), Harris bipods (Harris Bipods - HBRS Bipod), ATN PS22-3A (ATN PS22-3A NVDNPS223A - Day/Night System - ATN Night Vision Equipment), Blackhawk SAW sling, and Blackhawk scope and suppressor/muzzle covers. Ammo is 208gr AMAX driven by 40gr of Varget.

Ammo is in 10rd box magazines. The year I bought the rifles, only 60 magazines were imported into the US. I got 42 of them. Rifles came with 5rd mags.

Accuracy? You betcha! Sub-MOA... There's a reason why the Euros like them for sniper rifles...

Best bang for the long range buck you'll ever see...

Glockcurmudgeon, out...
Sweet gonna be my next rifle then

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #4

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I've got the 550 varmint 308. Haven't changed a thing on it. Cz rings, Leupold 6-18x40. 1/2 moa@100 with factory. Just weighs 14#.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #5

Default A very good point...

willfully armed,

Your sig line posted an interesting question, about listing my weapons. Thought about it, and deleted them. My thanks, Sir.

BTW, glad to see another happy CZ shooter. They're my favorite rifles.

Glockcurmudgeon, out...

"You can kill a free man, you can't enslave him." -Robert Anson Heinlein- American Patriot

Shot placement is king, yes. But penetration is queen, and a wide wound channel is the ace in the hole. -Cuda66

Μολὼν λαβέ (Molōn labe!)

Old 08-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #6

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

We have CZ rifles for every member of the house. All great shooters.
The 550 Urban Counter Sniper is one I would LOVE to have, if I could afford it.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:15 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
We have CZ rifles for every member of the house. All great shooters.
The 550 Urban Counter Sniper is one I would LOVE to have, if I could afford it.
its got features i really like. plus it looks totally cool and appeals to my inner ninja heh

i loved the size of my previous remington 700 xcr compact tactical. just hated the difficulty i had loading the magazine.

saving my toy money atm not sure how long it will take. really fast if i can find a buyer for my boat heh.

i had considered the cz 750 but its not suppressor ready and the stock is a thumbhole. would have to replace that right off the bat.

the cz 550 HET doesnt come in 308 only 300 rum and mag and 338lapua none of those rounds i like much (they arent fun rounds to shoot a lot) and has a fixed mag and isnt suppressor ready. the stock design is also not one i care for.

the barrels of both are too long for my tastes. i already got a m1a and a few ww2 rifles with those long gollywhomper barrels. i took my 700xcr compact to texas last year for some yote shooting and took 2 deer with it. the short 16" barrel was a pleasure to lug through the mesquite and cactus.

Last edited by JonM; 08-23-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:53 AM   #8

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockcurmudgeon View Post
willfully armed,

Your sig line posted an interesting question, about listing my weapons. Thought about it, and deleted them. My thanks, Sir.

BTW, glad to see another happy CZ shooter. They're my favorite rifles.

Glockcurmudgeon, out...
Nobody needs to know what we don't have

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Newest Threads