Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > CZ 527 Carbine 7.62x39

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default CZ 527 Carbine 7.62x39

Anyone have one of these? I bought one about 3 months ago and have been very pleased with it's performance. I've always shot it with the iron sights and it has been very accurate. But recently I mounted a nikon 2-7X32 scope, and was really surprised at how well it really shoots. Most of my shooting is at 100-150 yards at bowling pins and water jugs, this little carbine handles this with ease. I just need to get a nice sling and get it mounted up and she will be complete.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have one also, and would never part with it. I put a similar scope on mine in the Burris line, and took the front sight hood off. I do not get to shoot it as much as I would like, as I see young shooters at the range, I like to set them up with that slick little carbine. It is light, easy to handle, super accurate, set trigger, and very low recoil. Ladies and young shooters love to operate it. Horrors of horrors - I run cheap ammo thru it and still print good groups with it at 100 yards. the main reason I purchased it is I am sitting on a fair amount of rounds, if my 7mm's get to expensive to hunt with, I have a nice back up rifle with plenty of cheap ammo. Just wish it was not so damn pretty, it would catch a lot more rides in my pick up.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:31 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The only complaint I had with mine was the trigger was a little heavy and a bit of play. The set trigger was fine, just the regular trigger needed smoothing. Took it apart and found 3 adjustment screws on the trigger, 15 minutes later I had one sweet, light, crisp trigger. Much improved and makes a big difference.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:02 AM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I have one and love it. Currently it is open sights, but I have had a Leupold 1-4 on it.

Barnes now makes .311 TSX's and it will be a great 200 yard deer rifle.

Mine shoots about 3" groups with milsurp, but turns in about an inch with good commercial ammo. I'll work up some TSX loads soon.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."