Cz 527 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Cz 527

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 108 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 41

It's going to be hard to beat a 2x-7x or a 3x-9x scope. The cheapest brand/model I can personally recommend is the Nikon Prostaff series-150$ at any of the online stores or even Wal-Mart. The Weaver Classic & Bushnell Elite 3200 are also good. All are around the 150-160$ area. You won't need over 7x-8x magnification with that cartridge. I LOVE Leupold but don't consider anything less than the VX-2 series.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:42 AM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Well I'm thinking about using this gun once I buy it as my deer rifle since it has the same power almost to the 30-30 which would just be perfect in Alabama where 100-200 yard white tail deer are constant from what I hear.

If that's the case....what scope should I go with?

I saw this review and he saws this scope is good for it

Vortex - Vortex Viper 2-7x32 Riflescope

But it looks to freaking expensive.

Navigation

Old 08-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The thing you have to take into account on the CZ527 is it is a small long gun. I did not know what you ment by risers, Stalking bear is correct, see thrus would not work on that rifle at all. The factory scope rings are fairly low. I was incorrect in my scope it is the 4-7x26 Timberline, it is plenty of scope for what I would consider a fairly close range rifle. The 527 feels great in your hands, so compact and light, swings and comes up to target quickly. It is a rifle you do not want to hang much weight on it all, could screw up the great balanced feel of the firearm. If you have good eyes and our hunting deer out to 125 yards or so, I would give the rifle a try without a scope the first season myself. The factory sight are sighted in from the manufacture, you get the target right along with the rifle. I have bifocal glasses, now cant see a damn thing up close or away, optics help my eyes out quite a bit.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:01 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Had my little CZ out Sunday, shredding bowling pins with some friends. What a fun gun to plink with, "on the cheap" (ammo). The target mode on the trigger lets everyone look like a pro. At a hundred yards, stiff breeze, no problem to shoot 95%+ on the pins. One of my 2 miss shots was due to a buddy's .223 hot brass hitting me upside the head. Just using cheap old solid point ammo. Rifle got passed around some, one Dad will be looking for one now for his son's first deer hunt. If you own some 7.62X39 firearms and are sitting on some cases of ammo, you owe it to yourself to have one of these!

Newest Threads