Cz 527
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Cz 527

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Default Cz 527

Anyone got one? I'm hearing very good things.

And it's the carbine version I'm wanting in 7.62 X 39 since it would go well with my SKS.

I was going to just get a garand...but then....I already have an SKS and then that would just be another round to buy....and I like the idea of going hunting with a bolt action that I do with a garand.

And I hear the CZ 527 is great for deer because of it's 30-30 like ballistics and what not.

I also....can't find them for sale anywhere.

It says 700 bucks for retail but I'm sure I could find one new for 500-600 tops and used for around 400.

Last edited by JiroZero713; 08-03-2009 at 08:27 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #2

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Good little rifles everyone raves on the fit and finish on them CZ's.

Got a buddy that took a 22 Hornet and made it into a 22ppc. factory barrel cut and rechambered to 22ppc and it shoots 3 shot into .2" at 100 yards.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I purchased one early this summer. I enjoy shooting it a lot. Put a Burris compact, long eye relief, low power scope on it. Good match! Far as I know the only place I could find the CZ 527's in stock is SPORTSMAN'S SAFARI a internet dealer only. They sell thru gunbroker.com. I called 20+ CZ dealers and had three large chains check inventory, the best any of them could do was 4 to 6 months on order. I had to give about $675.00 to have one this summer, the same or less than any dealer would do,when you figure travel and sales tax. At one time they were a $400.00 to $450.00 rifle, but no more! To find them on gunbroker you might have to type in 7.62X39 rifle. When I was looking putting in CZ 527 in the search box would not bring the rifle up. SPORTSMANS'S SAFARI listed another one right after I purchased mine. Good luck with your search.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

See I want it because it gives me enough power to hunt deer with and is a cheap round to begin with in hunting terms....and it's CZ come on CZs are awesome.

Anyway I can't find a single one.....unless I see .223

Old 08-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #5

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I have one and it is a great little rifle.

I had no idea they have become so expensive. I'm pretty sure the price on mine was about $450 originally. About 5 years ago maybe?

I put a Leupold 1-4 on it for a while, but now it is back to irons.

Mine came with a set of steel, medium height rings which are very robust, but I got a set of quick release rings too. With decent soft point commercial ammo it shoots very well, but with any of the mil surp style ammo the groups open up considerably.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Mine also came with the scope rings, nice surprise, thought I would have to purchase a set. Motivation to purchase one, was the current high price of ammo, plus I have boatloads of Russian 7.62 hollow point with "built to hunting spec.s" on the boxes. At 100 yards I can keep 5 out of 8 in the 10 ring, the others slightly in the 9 ring. That is plenty good in my area for killing white tails for 95% of my situations. Yea, if I was a paper shooter I would reload and/or shoot better ammo, but not the case. Have not deer hunted with the rifle or ammo yet, but will try out on a mid size doe this winter and inspect the wound. Not guessing there will be much surprise there. It is pretty much a plan B gun for me, if 7MM Rem Mags and 7MM-08 get to expensive to hunt with. It is a blast to take out to our little gun range, and whap the steel targets and bowling pins with too. No regrets in the purchase.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah I'm curious about what glass I should get for it...but then I also hear that the iron sights are awesome on it.

Hrm...I wonder if putting risers on it would look alright....

Old 08-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Iron sights would be fine if you have good vision. For that caliber iron sigts are adequate. I do not have that option, so I installed a Burris Timberline 4X20mm scope $149.00 from Optic Planet. Do not care about "looks" myself.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:24 PM   #9

Liked 111 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Trust me-you DON'T want "see thru" rings on it. You'll not have a hope of a decent cheekweld when using scope, and a narrow "tunnel" when trying to use the iron sights. It's an idea that works great-as long as it's only on paper. When you try to use them you see how worthless they are in actual practice. The cheekpiece of the stock is too low to support the use of these type rings. I have a big tub of "see thru" type rings/mounts that when I take them off the customers guns, I chuck them in the tub for aluminum scrap-that's how much I think of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroZero713 View Post
Hrm...I wonder if putting risers on it would look alright....

Old 08-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Aye sounds good.

Hey Bear...what type of scope would you say to put on a 527?

And if you see one can you tell me?

Newest Threads