Customizing Questions..... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Customizing Questions.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ooohhh, slow twist barrel, .25 WSSM AR upper, shooting some 60 gr. bullets....anyone heard or seen a setup somewhat similar to this? Got my mind reeling right now...if I could get that thing put together and shooting well before my prairie dog trip to CO. in the spring, my current AR in .223 will be staying home.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_Slayer View Post
Ooohhh, slow twist barrel, .25 WSSM AR upper, shooting some 60 gr. bullets....anyone heard or seen a setup somewhat similar to this? Got my mind reeling right now...if I could get that thing put together and shooting well before my prairie dog trip to CO. in the spring, my current AR in .223 will be staying home.
Not in a short mag..but I'm not an AR person or a shortmag person either..
However I COULD see spending a few $$ on a match/bull barrel in .223 (if it doesnt already have one) for that black gun and having some fun. LOTS cheaper to shoot and ALL you need for ground rats

Old 11-03-2010, 12:04 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

There is a picture of my varmint gun on the 17 page or so of the AR picture thread. You'd dig it I think.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_Slayer View Post
There is a picture of my varmint gun on the 17 page or so of the AR picture thread. You'd dig it I think.
Thats a long barreled joker for sure !..Looks good though ! I'd like to have a chance burnin a few clips through'er.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #15

Default Here she is...

Wont be keeping this scope on, its bigger than what I like for a huntin rig..

Old 11-07-2010, 02:12 AM   #16

Liked 65 Times on 36 Posts

shortbolt,

I like it - so tell us about it.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:15 AM   #17

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Looks like a Winchester Long Action. .30-06 maybe?

Old 11-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #18

As it turns out, this is my 1996 (only year produced) Winchester Model 70 Featherweight "All-Terrain" as they were dubbed, in .270Win. Nope, they didnt come with "Featherweight" stamped anywhere on the guns. They pretty much took a factory stainless featherweight and slapped an EXACT duplicate of the featherweight stock in synthetic on it and added "all-terrain" to it.
You can't find these stocks/guns hardly anywhere !...I search the internet just for A photo of one..and thats what I found, a photo, oF ONE. Throughout the intire internet, I was able to find a single photo of it.
Anyway..this is the one I bought new 14 years ago and was stupid enough to let it go. It's back home where it belongs and will be staying here.
I am still kicking around the idea about re-barreling (keeping the factory barrel of course) just havent made up my mind yet.
I'm either gonna sell the scope or put it on a .22 to punch paper with.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:07 PM   #19

Liked 65 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbolt View Post
As it turns out, this is my 1996 (only year produced) Winchester Model 70 Featherweight "All-Terrain" as they were dubbed, in .270Win. Nope, they didnt come with "Featherweight" stamped anywhere on the guns. They pretty much took a factory stainless featherweight and slapped an EXACT duplicate of the featherweight stock in synthetic on it and added "all-terrain" to it.
You can't find these stocks/guns hardly anywhere !...I search the internet just for A photo of one..and thats what I found, a photo, oF ONE. Throughout the intire internet, I was able to find a single photo of it.
Anyway..this is the one I bought new 14 years ago and was stupid enough to let it go. It's back home where it belongs and will be staying here.
I am still kicking around the idea about re-barreling (keeping the factory barrel of course) just havent made up my mind yet.
I'm either gonna sell the scope or put it on a .22 to punch paper with.

shortbolt,

OK now I'm confused. LOL - As has happened before.

You now have one or two 270s?

So...I don't know if this is throwing a "fly in the ointment" or not:
One of the best rifle actions for the 257 Bob is the old intermediate size action1895 Mauser. It was originally designed for the 7x57 Mauser thus a rebarrel to 257 Roberts would just fit perfectly.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #20

Here's the deal...bought this one new back in 1996. Trading or selling caused it to leave my grip in the late 90's. I have not seen another in ANY caliber, to my memory, since I bought mine new. Just happened to be in a local shop a couple weeks ago and there was one like my "old" one in .270.
Well it occured to me that since these are rare to come by at the least..this could very well be mine from years ago. So I contacted the owner of the shop I bought it from originally..he looked up his records/serial #... and LO-AND-BEHOLD !! IT'S MY ORIGINAL GUN ONLY 12 YEARS AFTER I LAST SAW IT !!
And thats how it went down..in the short version.
Only reason I am looking at re-barreling is because I want a .257BOB to hunt with and seeing how this Model 70 is gonig to be my primary..why not have the best of both worlds?