Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Custom Big Bore Builders?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 02:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 52
Default Custom Big Bore Builders?

I'm getting ready to get someone to build a custom big bore bolt action rifle. who are some good custom builders to consider? i could spend up to around 7 to 10 grand at most for a great rifle.

__________________
SafariSam is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 11-15-2011, 03:04 AM   #2
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 17,134
Liked 5276 Times on 2751 Posts
Likes Given: 333

Default

if your going that much have you thought about a nice double rifle??

__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:10 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariSam
I'm getting ready to get someone to build a custom big bore bolt action rifle. who are some good custom builders to consider? i could spend up to around 7 to 10 grand at most for a great rifle.
To much open space in that question, what caliber, wood or synthetic , what length barrel, trigger the sky is the limit with 10$k to play with
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
To much open space in that question, what caliber, wood or synthetic , what length barrel, trigger the sky is the limit with 10$k to play with
i want something at least 500 caliber or over with a 26'' barrel with a beautiful walnut stock. i really want the rifle to be a work of art in both looks and function. please give me some names to consider for building something like this. thanks.
__________________
SafariSam is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariSam

i want something at least 500 caliber or over with a 26'' barrel with a beautiful walnut stock. i really want the rifle to be a work of art in both looks and function. please give me some names to consider for building something like this. thanks.
Ok pal this is a good place to start yer quest its bigfivehq.com they list many different big boy builders, also very fine double rifles. Bigfive.com check it out
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Ok pal this is a good place to start yer quest its bigfivehq.com they list many different big boy builders, also very fine double rifles. Bigfive.com check it out
thanks very much!! i've been wanting to have a place like that to checkout and get info from.
__________________
SafariSam is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
AK-47 big bore Ruzai AK & SKS Discussion 1 03-12-2011 05:02 PM
Big-Bore Rifles Fleetman General Rifle Discussion 25 03-07-2010 12:58 AM
? for the builders.... slowryde45 AR-15 Discussion 1 05-15-2008 01:27 AM
AK Builders notdku AK & SKS Discussion 6 07-28-2007 05:50 AM