Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Curious bout a marlin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #11
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

REMINGTON MAKES DAMN FINE SHOOTIN' IRONS!!

Why would be skeptical of a Remington?? Marlins have a good reputation as well!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj
REMINGTON MAKES DAMN FINE SHOOTIN' IRONS!!

Why would be skeptical of a Remington?? Marlins have a good reputation as well!
After my old mans 770 is no good then a email i read plus the ammo is crap and a bad knife haha no thank ill take Winchester or Savage

Old 11-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #13
Texas Ranger Fan!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16812 Times on 9744 Posts
Likes Given: 43872

patrick, just make sure it's the X7 series of rifle and not the MR7 they made several years ago as they are not the same rifles. from what i have read, is the MR7 was a decent rifle but sales wise was a failure, nothing wrong with it, just didn't sell very well. then several years later, Marlin gets back to building a bolt action centerfire again, the X7 series of rifles. now that being said, i own and shoot three of the X7's, and they are very well built rifles and accurate too. price wise, the X7's are a budget or entry level rifle, but shoot and look like a more expensive one. they are priced at or below the Remington M770 but act more like a M700! i too in the future plan on adding a XL7 in 270 to my collection. hope this helps.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #14

Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickHarrison

After my old mans 770 is no good then a email i read plus the ammo is crap and a bad knife haha no thank ill take Winchester or Savage
The 770 is the ONLY pos remington centerfire out that i know of

Old 11-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #15
Texas Ranger Fan!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
The 770 is the ONLY pos remington centerfire out that i know of
i don't have a clue as to where they came up with the M770! and the M710! what was Remington thing of?

Old 11-30-2011, 10:57 PM   #16

Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

i don't have a clue as to where they came up with the M770! and the M710! what was Remington thing of?
Try a cheap version of a tikka t3....very cheaplly made

Old 12-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #17
Texas Ranger Fan!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Try a cheap version of a tikka t3....very cheaplly made
i don't know how good the tikka t3 is, but i don't like the looks of it. like some of the browning rifles, very well made and accurate rifles, but i just don't like the look of them for some reason. my dad had a few when i was a lot younger, and one of them i have always liked, the SA-22 rifle.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:19 AM   #18

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:

i don't know how good the tikka t3 is, but i don't like the looks of it. like some of the browning rifles, very well made and accurate rifles, but i just don't like the look of them for some reason. my dad had a few when i was a lot younger, and one of them i have always liked, the SA-22 rifle.
Hey axxe I do have a tikka t3 its a great gun, light weight ,accurate, the fit is very good. I cant say anything bad about it, but my marlin x7 rifles are just as good half the price. But I would never turn down a tikka very good quality rifles

Old 12-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #19
Texas Ranger Fan!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Hey axxe I do have a tikka t3 its a great gun, light weight ,accurate, the fit is very good. I cant say anything bad about it, but my marlin x7 rifles are just as good half the price. But I would never turn down a tikka very good quality rifles
my reasons are based on the look of the rifle, just like the Blaser rifles, those are very well made rifles and very accurate for a take-down rifle but i just never liked the way they looked. the craftsmanship was very good too. i'm sure the tikka t3 is a well made gun, coming from sako, it's just a personal preference and not based on the rifle fuction or performance. i do like the looks of my marlin X7's though! mulie i got an idea for a custom X7!

Old 12-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #20

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:

my reasons are based on the look of the rifle, just like the Blaser rifles, those are very well made rifles and very accurate for a take-down rifle but i just never liked the way they looked. the craftsmanship was very good too. i'm sure the tikka t3 is a well made gun, coming from sako, it's just a personal preference and not based on the rifle fuction or performance. i do like the looks of my marlin X7's though! mulie i got an idea for a custom X7!
How about a.zebra wood stocked x7 or a fine walnut like the mark 5 weatherbys