cost of a rifle
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > cost of a rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6554 Times on 3652 Posts
Likes Given: 6199

Default cost of a rifle

Let's suppose I want a new rifle.

First decision. Hunting, formal target competition, TEOTWAWKI, plinking etc. Until that decision is made, there's no point in looking at snyuthing.

So let's say it's for SHTF primarily, but I'd like it to be more or less suitable for hunting and plinking.

I want a high quality weapon that won't break the bank.
So I go with medium quality/price and choose a Remington 700 SPS Camo. ($775+ sales tax) Let's say $800

I will need a scope, mounts, lens covers, etc. Again, I want as much quality as possible without breaking the bank, so I stick with medium quality/price. Let's say $750.

I will need a sling, a carrying case, cleaning equipment, I'm cheap, so I'll stay with medium quality. Say, $100

Now I haven't bought ammo yet, and I already have a spotting scope, so I won;t include that.

Okay. Want a new rifle. so I save $800??

Or do I look at the "package" and start saving $1650????

So why do I bring this up?? I think we've all spent out whole bankroll on the weapon, and ended up having to waste $99.95 on a cheap--azz K-Mart special scope and an equally sh!tty Wally World case.

Plan ahead and don't get caught with a really nice new weapon and no money left to put even the most basic accessories on it.

jp_over Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #2

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 142

Yep, every time I see a cool rifle I try to remember how much the glass and rings will cost!

Joe

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Suggested gun control movement talking point: "We're OK with guns to keep our families safe, we just don't want you to have them." - Joe

locutus Likes This 
Old 04-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #3

Liked 183 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Buy the scope first.

Kind Regards, Salvo

Last edited by Salvo; 04-03-2013 at 05:55 PM.