Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Considering different brands

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 05:07 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Considering different brands

Have any of you tried a tikka rifle? I was looking at their t3 varmint model in 308 over a remington 700. I am also researching the cz 550 varmint in 308, any opinions? Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-24-2012, 05:58 AM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1112 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 521

Tikka and CZ make very nice rifles,and they are very accurate. Neither brand have much aftermarket support,and the factory magazines for Tikka rifles are pretty expensive.
Remington or Savage are just as accurate,and have a large aftermarket for accessories.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #3

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 675

CZ Rifles are awesome. They come standard w/ an Aluminum bedding block and don't need aftermarket "stuff" to make them any better. They are a true controled feed Mauser action. Accuracy is no issue. The single set trigger set at about 10oz is as good as it gets. If you want to shoot it w/ the trigger in 2 stage it is still VG. I bought my 527 Varmint before other companies started making rings. Had an issue w/ one of the CZ rings. They sent a new set, no questions asked. Only an appology for the inconvenience.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #4

Liked 1960 Times on 1163 Posts
Likes Given: 422

I have a Sako, which has a fairly similar action to the Tikka. I have yet to shoot a Finn rifle that did not have great accuracy. That three lugged bolt is just slightly faster to work because it is a few degrees shorter in rotation to unlock and it is buttery smooth.

The only CZ rifles I have experience with are .22s or Czech made Mausers. The .22s are all very well made, exhibit great finish work and are very accurate.

If I wanted a rifle to look at I'd probably pick the CZ. But for running the rifle I guess I'm partial to the Finns and would take the Tikka.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #5

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
I have a Sako, which has a fairly similar action to the Tikka. I have yet to shoot a Finn rifle that did not have great accuracy. That three lugged bolt is just slightly faster to work because it is a few degrees shorter in rotation to unlock and it is buttery smooth.

The only CZ rifles I have experience with are .22s or Czech made Mausers. The .22s are all very well made, exhibit great finish work and are very accurate.

If I wanted a rifle to look at I'd probably pick the CZ. But for running the rifle I guess I'm partial to the Finns and would take the Tikka.
The issue with what you posted is that Tikka actions have 2 forward locking lugs, not 3 as Sako rifles do. Neither has any rear. My CZ is pretty, but even prettier when shot. Again, The CZ Has 3 locking lugs, 2 forward, 1 rear as all '98 actions do. The early Model 70 never would have had the action it did if not for the Mauser. It improved on the mauser w/ the positioning of the extractor on the side of 1 of the lugs, not through it. The CZ rifle completely supports the case head, that translates to accuracy and reliability.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.