Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Confirming Hunting Load Accuracy - M48 7mm-08 - Ten shot group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 9 Posts

Default Confirming Hunting Load Accuracy - M48 7mm-08 - Ten shot group

Confirming Hunting Load Accuracy - M48 7mm-08 - Ten shot group

I went to the range this morning to confirm that the three shot group I shot the other day was for real and not a fluke. I was a little concerned when I got to the range because I forgot my good targets I like to use when trying to shoot good groups, so I had to make me one. This is the best I could do today with ten shots. The load is a 140gr Accubond, Powder: W760, Brass: Nosler Custom, Primer: 210 Fed, OAL: 2.780", Velocity: 2800fps.

Three shot group from the other day

Today's ten shot group with only one called flyer and that is the hole at the top of the group - I am ready to hunt

Not everyone has a chronograph, but everyone has a wish list in their head. There are plenty of niches to be filled in my life. They all start with "I want this." and need no real reason for existing.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #2

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet
Confirming Hunting Load Accuracy - M48 7mm-08 - Ten shot group

I went to the range this morning to confirm that the three shot group I shot the other day was for real and not a fluke. I was a little concerned when I got to the range because I forgot my good targets I like to use when trying to shoot good groups, so I had to make me one. This is the best I could do today with ten shots. The load is a 140gr Accubond, Powder: W760, Brass: Nosler Custom, Primer: 210 Fed, OAL: 2.780", Velocity: 2800fps.

Three shot group from the other day

Today's ten shot group with only one called flyer and that is the hole at the top of the group - I am ready to hunt
Hot dogin right there, atta boy u found the magic, now stick with it

Old 11-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #3

Liked 2185 Times on 1254 Posts
Likes Given: 1777

There ya go. I'm gonna have to try one of those DIY

targets, maybe it will help me...

Old 11-11-2011, 06:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
There ya go. I'm gonna have to try one of those DIY

targets, maybe it will help me...
Yeah, it must have been the target
Not everyone has a chronograph, but everyone has a wish list in their head. There are plenty of niches to be filled in my life. They all start with "I want this." and need no real reason for existing.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Hot dogin right there, atta boy u found the magic, now stick with it

Thanks, Plan on sticking with it.