Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Competition thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrussell

Not sure what you were trying to point to. I shoot several IPSC and IDPA classes as well as an avid, as I can be in the service, 3 gun shooter. I am familiar with those forms. I was under the assumption that his goal was to make a simple and easy type of shoot without the need for ROs or setting up it tearing down time.

I have designed, RO'd and shot lots of different stage designs and ideas. I suggested a barricade because several methods and positions can be shot using it. They are simple and easy ti build and most ranges have one. I love shooting steel, especially at distance, gives you instant feedback. Something closer to NRA bullseye shooting probably much closer to what he is wanting just putting his own twist on it. My favorite twist when I setup and design a 3 gun stage is setting up pigeon flippers with 3 clays per flipper. Really makes yoh watch your round count and think about you shoot the stage.

do no harm, do know harm
My point was there is an entire sub forum dedicated to competition shooting and this isn't it.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #12

Those are only seen by that sort of people and some of them like to squish creativity and new ideas to wrench with their shooting sport. This just brings different ideas and mindsets to the table to brain storm. Also most people, especially cell phone users cant access or dont know how to navigate the site as well as others. Giving the link is great, maybe what he wanted is in there, maybe not. I just dont like it when people throw out a general statement or link without saying anything else because obviously the poster either didn't know or felt that this didn't fit into the competition bracket because it isn't a sanctioned event or style.

do no harm, do know harm

Old 03-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I don't remember seeing a a rule in the actual Competition Forum requiring an sanctioning.

The app for this site is very user friendly. Well except for multi quoting. It's what I use 80% of the time.

Slippery Slope. I think I'm going to post some pics of my car in the reloading forum.

Just trying to help the OP out as I'm sure his thread would get more traffic over there.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #14

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

My point was there is an entire sub forum dedicated to competition shooting and this isn't it.
I searched for that forum but didn't find it, so I made one.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm47nagiont

Cool, now you know where it's at.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 03-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #16

Liked 344 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
I don't remember seeing a a rule in the actual Competition Forum requiring an sanctioning.

The app for this site is very user friendly. Well except for multi quoting. It's what I use 80% of the time.

Slippery Slope. I think I'm going to post some pics of my car in the reloading forum.

Just trying to help the OP out as I'm sure his thread would get more traffic over there.
I'm not sure if you've found out how to yet, but multi-quoting is pretty simple. You click on the post that your wanting to quote and then check the box on the left. Do that for those you want to quote and then tap the box you would use to make a normal reply to the thread and just select "multi-quote"

Old 03-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm47nagiont

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido
I'm not sure if you've found out how to yet, but multi-quoting is pretty simple. You click on the post that your wanting to quote and then check the box on the left. Do that for those you want to quote and then tap the box you would use to make a normal reply to the thread and just select "multi-quote"
Ahh, very cool, thank you very much.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 03-24-2012, 01:30 AM   #18

Liked 313 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Default competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrussell View Post
Really only shows who has the best bench gun still. A set of 3 or 4 different positions. Like shooting every cut on a barricade at 200 yds all in under 2 minutes. 3 shots in each position Plus prone, so that is what 5 positions? No need for a reload or anything else besides just shooting and changing positions.

do no harm, do know harm

I'm sorry, but being an old guy and disabled to boot, if I get down in the prone position, I won't be able to get back up. There must be a lot of young guys on this forum. You young guys have at it. I think I'll sit this one out and watch what all of you can do. Good luck to you, it sounds like a lot of fun and I'll have fun watching.
cottontop

Old 03-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #19

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Alright take a piece of fishing wire and put it on your target to see if you can split that at 25 50 100 yards