Comparision before purchase:HK 416 vs. Galil ACE 23 vs. HK G36 vs. AK 101
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Comparision before purchase:HK 416 vs. Galil ACE 23 vs. HK G36 vs. AK 101

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Default Comparision before purchase:HK 416 vs. Galil ACE 23 vs. HK G36 vs. AK 101

I'm planning to buy another rifle, but I don't know all of them.
I want to choose between
-HK416
-Galil ACE 23
-HK G36
-AK 101

I have only tried the Galil ACE and the HK 416....really good performance.Can you compare them to the other two?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #2

The galil is an old Israeli design based on an older Russian design (AK47). Although dependable, they do not stand up to Heckler & Koch's near-perfect manufacturing ability. The G36C is okay for short range, but if that is your goal, you might as well go with a 6.8x43 HK416, which I find beautiful. If you go with a G36K, the range is nice, but the factory sights do not impress me, personally, in any way. The AK101 is only really necessary if you are looking to fight a war or if you commonly forget your assault rifle in front of your tires and love taking your guns to the beach. So, therefore, I conclude this by informing you that I would spend my hard-earned dollar on the HK416.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #3

Well I tried the Galil ACE and believe me....it can compete and even win againts the 416...both are great guns

Old 08-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #4

I never said that the galil wasn't a great gun. I just said that the 416 was a much, much better choice in my personal opinion. But that's all it is. An opinion. I have been told that I have akward taste before and my taste is also very expensive. This is why there is more than one type of gun. One size never fits all.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:58 AM   #5

Default 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeFryGuy View Post
I never said that the galil wasn't a great gun. I just said that the 416 was a much, much better choice in my personal opinion. But that's all it is. An opinion. I have been told that I have akward taste before and my taste is also very expensive. This is why there is more than one type of gun. One size never fits all.
the 416 is a very goood gun...I'm still wondering why colt and the other manufacturer never tried to convert the AR15 to short-stroke gas piston before...they had...how much?50 years to try something new?!

HK did it in a couple of months.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:34 AM   #6
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1336 Times on 700 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Van_Goth View Post
the 416 is a very goood gun...I'm still wondering why colt and the other manufacturer never tried to convert the AR15 to short-stroke gas piston before...they had...how much?50 years to try something new?!

HK did it in a couple of months.
Once Colt produces something, the Colt fan boys won't LET them change anything without swift and blinding retribution! To speak of Stoner not getting it right the very first time is heresy! Besides, why would anyone want to improve a 50-year-old design??

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Anna_Purna Likes This