Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > CMP M1 Garand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNARG View Post
So I have a membership of a CMP affiliated club but how do I get the other requirement? I think it's to say you practice good firearms safety. I know I do but I don't think they'll take my word for it
Its all on the website

Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity: You must provide proof of participation in a marksmanship related activity or otherwise show familiarity with the safe handling of firearms and range procedures. Your marksmanship related activity does not have to be with highpower rifles; it can be with smallbore rifles, pistols, air guns or shotguns. Proof of marksmanship participation can be provided by documenting any of the following:

•Current or past military service.

•Current or past law enforcement service

•Participation in a rifle, pistol, air gun or shotgun competition (provide copy of results bulletin).

•Completion of a marksmanship clinic that included live fire training (provide a copy of the certificate of completion or a statement from the instructor).

•Distinguished, Instructor, or Coach status. - Concealed Carry License.

•Firearms Owner Identification Cards that included live fire training. - FFL or C&R license.

•Completion of a Hunter Safety Course that included live fire training.

•Certification from range or club official or law enforcement officer witnessing shooting activity. A form for use in completing and certifying your range firing can be downloaded from the CMP web site at http://www.odcmp.com/competitions/forms/marksmanship.pdf

No proof of marksmanship required if over age 60. Proof of club membership and citizenship required for all ages. NOTE: Proof of marksmanship activity is not required for purchase of ammunition, parts, publications or memorabilia.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:23 AM   #32

Liked 185 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando

Its all on the website

Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity: You must provide proof of participation in a marksmanship related activity or otherwise show familiarity with the safe handling of firearms and range procedures. Your marksmanship related activity does not have to be with highpower rifles; it can be with smallbore rifles, pistols, air guns or shotguns. Proof of marksmanship participation can be provided by documenting any of the following:

•Participation in a rifle, pistol, air gun or shotgun competition (provide copy of results bulletin).

•Completion of a marksmanship clinic that included live fire training (provide a copy of the certificate of completion or a statement from the instructor).

•Firearms Owner Identification Cards that included live fire training. - FFL or C&R license.

•Certification from range or club official or law enforcement officer witnessing shooting activity. A form for use in completing and certifying your range firing can be downloaded from the CMP web site at http://www.odcmp.com/competitions/forms/marksmanship.pdf

No proof of marksmanship required if over age 60. Proof of club membership and citizenship required for all ages. NOTE: Proof of marksmanship activity is not required for purchase of ammunition, parts, publications or memorabilia.
Well I know I handle firearms in a safe way but I don't have any way to prove it....

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

Old 02-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #33

Liked 694 Times on 461 Posts
Likes Given: 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Its all on the website

Sweet thats not hard.. Im gonna join my local shooting range (Its CMP affiliated) and compete in a Garand competition.... Wonder what rifle ill use... My '03? Maybe a Arisaka or Mosin?

Old 02-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #34

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNARG View Post
Well I know I handle firearms in a safe way but I don't have any way to prove it....
Print off form in the link I provided. Take to local range , have range officer watch you handle firearms, etc. Range officer will fill out form and sign
Pretty darn simple