Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   CMP M1 Garand (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/cmp-m1-garand-84815/)

longunner 02-22-2013 01:10 AM

CMP M1 Garand

I want to order a special grade Garand from the cmp but I can't find out how to do it I sent customer service a few minutes ago and I'm sure they'll tell me how to do it but meanwhile I figured I'd post on here see what you guys think

Devin556 02-22-2013 01:30 AM

I have 2 friends of mine that went to the cmp in Anniston,AL. and bought garands, and they also go down there to buy ammo about every other weekend. They have really good prices on 30-06 & 308. You have to be a member to buy from them but all you have to do is fill out some info, it doesn't cost anything to join. If you can find one of their stores near you I would suggest giving them a visit. The only bad thing I've found with them is they do not get in a hurry for anything. Be prepared to wait.

longunner 02-22-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devin556
I have 2 friends of mine that went to the cmp in Anniston,AL. and bought garands, and they also go down there to buy ammo about every other weekend. They have really good prices on 30-06 & 308. You have to be a member to buy from them but all you have to do is fill out some info, it doesn't cost anything to join. If you can find one of their stores near you I would suggest giving them a visit. The only bad thing I've found with them is they do not get in a hurry for anything. Be prepared to wait.

The wait is no problem I just want to have one before they all dry up. Unfortunately I'm in New York so the northern store is the closest to me and not really an option :mad:

Devin556 02-22-2013 02:05 AM

I doubt cmp dries up. They have more garands than you can shake a stick at. I'll do some looking on their website and see if I can help you out.

longunner 02-22-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devin556
I doubt cmp dries up. They have more garands than you can shake a stick at. I'll do some looking on their website and see if I can help you out.

Thanks I think I remember making an account but I can't be 100% sure if it was there or the club affiliation site I signed up on :embarrassed:

longunner 02-22-2013 02:14 AM

Well never mind found a link for an order form lol oops....anyway.......:embarrassed: :rolleyes:

Devin556 02-22-2013 02:38 AM

Ok. Yeah I just found it myself. Haha

zebramochaman 02-22-2013 04:40 AM

I just ordered a Service Grade. If you go the CMP site everything is explained. You do need to have membership in one of their approved gun organizations. They provide lists of organizations that they recognize. For me, I belong to GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation) and I belong to the Garand Collectors Association. My order is expected to ship in 30-60 days.
If you are interested in a high-end Garand try googling "thegarandguy.com".

austin92 02-22-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebramochaman
I just ordered a Service Grade. If you go the CMP site everything is explained. You do need to have membership in one of their approved gun organizations. They provide lists of organizations that they recognize. For me, I belong to GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation) and I belong to the Garand Collectors Association. My order is expected to ship in 30-60 days.
If you are interested in a high-end Garand try googling "thegarandguy.com".

First glance of your ship time I thought it said 30-06 lol. This is a m1 thread :)

longunner 02-22-2013 12:45 PM

I've been watching YouTube videos of people who get service grade Garands and they are in great shape. That being said as soon as I get paid from this job I'm sending in an order :D won't be able to post pics for a couple months though according to their shipping estimates