christmas wish - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > christmas wish

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 01:14 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sagenodland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St.Helens,Oregon
Posts: 164
Default

I chose the savage axis but not in. 308 but in .223 im planning on putting a centerpoint 4-16 scope on it

The reason i chose. 223 is my grandmother is having yote problems getting into her chickens so im going to have some nice pelts

And can you use 5.56x45 in it for lowering cost on ammo?

__________________
sagenodland is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:23 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PatrickHarrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagenodland
I chose the savage axis but not in. 308 but in .223 im planning on putting a centerpoint 4-16 scope on it

The reason i chose. 223 is my grandmother is having yote problems getting into her chickens so im going to have some nice pelts

And can you use 5.56x45 in it for lowering cost on ammo?
Hey yes 5.56 will do just fine just thicker brass but itll do just fine! Hell ya nice gun good cause zap the dogs!
__________________
PatrickHarrison is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:21 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sagenodland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St.Helens,Oregon
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickHarrison

Hey yes 5.56 will do just fine just thicker brass but itll do just fine! Hell ya nice gun good cause zap the dogs!
Doesnt it have more pressure to?..
__________________
sagenodland is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:45 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagenodland

Doesnt it have more pressure to?..
Yes yes yes the 5.56 mil spec is loaded to higher pressures than the . 223 period proven fact, I have used 5.56 in 223 bolt guns, but it seemed the bolt was hard to open after a shot, could it cause damage imho yes it could, thats why I use 223 in my bolt guns. Some say its the same an will not cause harm but then again, hey its never gonna happen to me right?????
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:57 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
humboldtshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Yes yes yes the 5.56 mil spec is loaded to higher pressures than the . 223 period proven fact, I have used 5.56 in 223 bolt guns, but it seemed the bolt was hard to open after a shot, could it cause damage imho yes it could, thats why I use 223 in my bolt guns. Some say its the same an will not cause harm but then again, hey its never gonna happen to me right?????
I have a bolt .223 myself and was searching the Internet for info. 5.56 ammo is a higher pressured round. I don't recommend it. There's plenty of cheap .223 ammo out there. I order all of mine off the net. If you want to shoot both 5.56 and .223, find a gun chambered for both.
__________________
humboldtshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PatrickHarrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 148
Default

Haha well hell figure that .308 i shot in my ishapore smle 2A 7.62 was tight on bolt but she did right fine with both kinds natos and winchesters. Ar-15 ate both without a problem too i couldnt tell the difference. But if youll freak out about it use what you want the pressure aint big is all i gotta say.

__________________
PatrickHarrison is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jkl-28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fallon,Nevada
Posts: 175
Default

Theyre all good rifles for their own tasks but I would probable go with the mosin or savage

__________________

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Jkl-28 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
humboldtshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickHarrison
Haha well hell figure that .308 i shot in my ishapore smle 2A 7.62 was tight on bolt but she did right fine with both kinds natos and winchesters. Ar-15 ate both without a problem too i couldnt tell the difference. But if youll freak out about it use what you want the pressure aint big is all i gotta say.
AR 15 barrels can handle heavier loads than a standard barrel (so I've read).
__________________
humboldtshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:21 AM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickHarrison
Haha well hell figure that .308 i shot in my ishapore smle 2A 7.62 was tight on bolt but she did right fine with both kinds natos and winchesters. Ar-15 ate both without a problem too i couldnt tell the difference. But if youll freak out about it use what you want the pressure aint big is all i gotta say.
Dammit patrick yer gonna shoot yer eye out usin that mil spec 5.56 in yer 223, dont blame it on marlinman when u blow a bolt apart or split a chamber becouse of to high of pressures, lol a 5.56 dosent have enough pressure do split a chamber but it can cause a bolt to become hard to operate
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:24 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickHarrison
Haha well hell figure that .308 i shot in my ishapore smle 2A 7.62 was tight on bolt but she did right fine with both kinds natos and winchesters. Ar-15 ate both without a problem too i couldnt tell the difference. But if youll freak out about it use what you want the pressure aint big is all i gotta say.
A friend of mine I was shootin with grabbed 4 boxes of ammo an came out to tge house to shoot well he shot 5 rounds of 308 out of his 30/06 he noticed after he had to keep pushin the spent cases out with a cleaning rod, point is nothin happened but could it??? I say why the hell would u chance finding out
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Christmas Eve / Christmas Plans of note?? Dillinger The Club House 41 12-25-2010 03:38 AM
The best Christmas sarge_257 The Club House 0 12-06-2010 01:38 AM
Merry Christmas to me. ItsmeShane General Shotgun Discussion 9 12-30-2009 06:40 PM
This is what Christmas is all about Chester The Club House 5 12-25-2008 05:07 AM
Non Christmas Christmas Music ScottG The Club House 11 12-09-2008 05:08 AM