christmas wish
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > christmas wish

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 05:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default christmas wish

Right now i got i wish list for a few rifles this is kind of a rifle i can count on and will be the first ill grab
1. Henry lever action. 22
2. Savage axis. 308
3. Moisin nagant
I want the savage for 600 yard shots maybe? But i want the henry for the ease and cheapness of the ammo but i want the mosin for the power and cheapness of ammo
What one would you chose?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2011, 05:37 AM   #2

Surprisingly the 2 calibers are on my list aswell and the mosin nagant. First off, there arent many upgrades for the mosin, but you can clean them up to be very nic rifles. I've seen some great mosins on gunbroker.com second, you can get all of those calibers for a good price. I always said my next gun would be a .308 until i bought my AR lower. My pick would be between the savage and the mosin. Can i ask why you went with the axis? Is it cost?

Old 12-02-2011, 05:40 AM   #3

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Mosin all the way.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtshooter
Surprisingly the 2 calibers are on my list aswell and the mosin nagant. First off, there arent many upgrades for the mosin, but you can clean them up to be very nic rifles. I've seen some great mosins on gunbroker.com second, you can get all of those calibers for a good price. I always said my next gun would be a .308 until i bought my AR lower. My pick would be between the savage and the mosin. Can i ask why you went with the axis? Is it cost?
Yes it was mostly cost and ive heard they can shoot MOA and the bolt is a little stiff but smooths out over time i just want to be able to hit a 26" target out to 600 yards with it and i dont think i can do that with a mosin

Old 12-02-2011, 05:49 AM   #5

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagenodland

Yes it was mostly cost and ive heard they can shoot MOA and the bolt is a little stiff but smooths out over time i just want to be able to hit a 26" target out to 600 yards with it and i dont think i can do that with a mosin
I can hit soda cans at 100 yards with mine. The bolt isn't quite so stiff if it and the chamber are cleaned really well. The stiffness comes mostly from cosmoline in the chamber.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:57 AM   #6

I was talking about the axis

Old 12-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

I can hit soda cans at 100 yards with mine. The bolt isn't quite so stiff if it and the chamber are cleaned really well. The stiffness comes mostly from cosmoline in the chamber.
I've heard of people decosmolining(lol) their mosins which helps the bokt dramatically. I really want a mosin myself, but I believe I would choose the .308. I was looking at the savages for awhile and found good and bad reviews until i came across the howa 1500. The cost is a little different, but worth every penny. That is my recommendation. Congrats on which ever you decide

Old 12-02-2011, 07:41 AM   #8

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtshooter

I've heard of people decosmolining(lol) their mosins which helps the bokt dramatically. I really want a mosin myself, but I believe I would choose the .308. I was looking at the savages for awhile and found good and bad reviews until i came across the howa 1500. The cost is a little different, but worth every penny. That is my recommendation. Congrats on which ever you decide
Marlin x7s in 308 over a howa or savage axis any day, the fit an finish is great they are tack drivers , adjustable triggers, an for $320

Old 12-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #9

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagenodland

Marlin's x7s .308 are just as cheap already smooth from factory and is just as if not more accurate than the savage

Old 12-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #10

Id say the axis .308 the cartridge is universal there not as good as 111 but still Savage all the way!! The mosin nagant m91/30 is what ive got o boy i love it 7.62X54R ammo is cheap n affordable the 150 grain monarch 5 moa at a hundred yards on a bad day n 2.5 moa at 100 on a good day. I wouldnt mind havein a old 8mm mauser to put a ati stock on it love the cartridge several a critter haven fallen to it from my dad.