cheap rifle - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > cheap rifle

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #11
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What axxe55 said about the Marlin X7 series. Most accurate rifle out of the box I have ever owned.
ct

__________________
 
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Sounds like ill be looking into the ruger I liked it better then the remington anyway. I've seen the savage,remington,ruger at walmart and my lgs but havnt soon the x7 at all

__________________
rob1990 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Posts: 28,501
Liked 21297 Times on 12084 Posts
Likes Given: 53065

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1990 View Post
Sounds like ill be looking into the ruger I liked it better then the remington anyway. I've seen the savage,remington,ruger at walmart and my lgs but havnt soon the x7 at all
you owe to yourself to check out the Marlin X7. i have three of them and they are probably one of the best bargains in bolt action rifles there is, IMO.

i have a XS7 in 7mm-08, that i restocked with a Boyd's grey laminate stock and is one very accurate and very enjoyable rifle to shoot. i have a XL7C in 25-06 that is quite accurate as well, that i did some minor stock work on. that one is also very enjoyable to shoot and the factory camo stock is very nice looking. my truly favorite of all of them is my XS7VH in 308. heavy 26" varmint barrel. this one i have done quite a bit of work to it. have glass bedded the stock, reinforced the forearm of the stock with a steel rod, added quite a bit of weight to the buttstock and have this up to about 13.5 lbs. have done sone minor trigger work to it and have the trigger to just under 2 lbs. mounted a Swift Premier 8-32x50 scope on a modified scope base. this one with my handloads is very accurate.

please check out the Marlins. everyone i have recommended them to and those i know that have bought them, and several others here on the forum as well, have been simply impressed with these rifles. i doubt you would regret buying one.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

you owe to yourself to check out the Marlin X7. i have three of them and they are probably one of the best bargains in bolt action rifles there is, IMO.

i have a XS7 in 7mm-08, that i restocked with a Boyd's grey laminate stock and is one very accurate and very enjoyable rifle to shoot. i have a XL7C in 25-06 that is quite accurate as well, that i did some minor stock work on. that one is also very enjoyable to shoot and the factory camo stock is very nice looking. my truly favorite of all of them is my XS7VH in 308. heavy 26" varmint barrel. this one i have done quite a bit of work to it. have glass bedded the stock, reinforced the forearm of the stock with a steel rod, added quite a bit of weight to the buttstock and have this up to about 13.5 lbs. have done sone minor trigger work to it and have the trigger to just under 2 lbs. mounted a Swift Premier 8-32x50 scope on a modified scope base. this one with my handloads is very accurate.

please check out the Marlins. everyone i have recommended them to and those i know that have bought them, and several others here on the forum as well, have been simply impressed with these rifles. i doubt you would regret buying one.
Anychance a dicks sporting goods or a gandermoutain would have the marlin x7? I havnt checked them yet. Basicly what I'm trying to get is a sniper style rifle for as little money as possible that would be fun to shoot when I'm in the mood for long range shooting.
__________________
rob1990 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,990
Liked 2373 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1990

Anychance a dicks sporting goods or a gandermoutain would have the marlin x7? I havnt checked them yet. Basicly what I'm trying to get is a sniper style rifle for as little money as possible that would be fun to shoot when I'm in the mood for long range shooting.
I've not seen marlins at any of the big box stores here. All the ones I saw were at my lgs. Selection of calibers was meager. .
__________________

Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

kytowboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #16
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Posts: 28,501
Liked 21297 Times on 12084 Posts
Likes Given: 53065

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1990 View Post
Anychance a dicks sporting goods or a gandermoutain would have the marlin x7? I havnt checked them yet. Basicly what I'm trying to get is a sniper style rifle for as little money as possible that would be fun to shoot when I'm in the mood for long range shooting.
Rob, just a word of caution, most of here on the forum really detest the term, "sniper rifle" just like we detest the term, "assault rifle" or "assault weapon". those are liberal media and gun haters defintions of what rifles some of us own. semi-auto rifle or sport utility rifle, or a target rifle would be much more accurate and usefule terms to use.

now it would be best you check out the Marlin XS7VH in 308, or 223 or even 22-250 if you are wanting a a nice accurate and inexspensive target rifle. of all the entry level rifles, they are the only ones available thay i know of with longer, heavy barrels. which is much better suited for long sessions of target shooting. i paid $370 for my XS7VH in 308 NIB before taxes. even with all the work i have done to it, i still have less than a $1000 in the rifle and scope and parts.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:52 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

Rob, just a word of caution, most of here on the forum really detest the term, "sniper rifle" just like we detest the term, "assault rifle" or "assault weapon". those are liberal media and gun haters defintions of what rifles some of us own. semi-auto rifle or sport utility rifle, or a target rifle would be much more accurate and usefule terms to use.

now it would be best you check out the Marlin XS7VH in 308, or 223 or even 22-250 if you are wanting a a nice accurate and inexspensive target rifle. of all the entry level rifles, they are the only ones available thay i know of with longer, heavy barrels. which is much better suited for long sessions of target shooting. i paid $370 for my XS7VH in 308 NIB before taxes. even with all the work i have done to it, i still have less than a $1000 in the rifle and scope and parts.
Oh ok I was between the 308,7mmmag and the 30-06 my main reason for wanting to go with the 30-06 was because I already have a few hundred rounds for it got ahold of it when my uncle passed away and figured id save money by already having ammo that and if I ever decide to hunt with it it'll pretty much take down anything I need it to.
__________________
rob1990 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:30 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Ive ruled out the 770 im between the ruger american and the marlin x7 if i can find one

__________________
rob1990 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:32 AM   #19
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Posts: 28,501
Liked 21297 Times on 12084 Posts
Likes Given: 53065

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1990 View Post
Ive ruled out the 770 im between the ruger american and the marlin x7 if i can find one
check out Buds. they usually seem to have them. i ordered one from my LGS, the XS7VH, the others he keeps in stock usually.

here's a few pictures of my XS7VH in 308.
marlin-xs7vh-308-001-001.jpg   marlin-xs7vh-308-001-008.jpg   marlin-xs7vh-308-001-004.jpg  
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:00 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
longunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,166
Liked 185 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

check out Buds. they usually seem to have them. i ordered one from my LGS, the XS7VH, the others he keeps in stock usually.

here's a few pictures of my XS7VH in 308.
Nice lookin gun...is there alot of aftermarket stocks for it?
__________________

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

longunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Whats a decent (cheap) .243 deer rifle? venado General Rifle Discussion 21 04-19-2014 02:45 PM
Looking for a good cheap .22 rifle suggestions? keas3 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 33 01-01-2013 05:42 PM
good cheap tactical rifle? beastmode986 General Rifle Discussion 0 05-05-2012 06:06 PM
What's A Decent Rifle That Uses Cheap Ammo? ryevick Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 9 02-28-2011 04:13 AM
Rifle handguards--CHEAP dragunovsks AR-15 Discussion 14 02-06-2009 06:01 PM