Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Can a 13 year old own a gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

i think what Irockglock was asking if i am correct, is, do they make a semi auto version of the MP7. might check H & K's website and see whats available.
Yes sir thats what I meant. They look pretty cool

Old 06-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #22

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I read the first line and had to laugh out loud. While someone may not be up on gun laws and info considering he is young, isn't it common sense that most likely a 13 year old CAN'T own a machine gun?

On that note. Talk to your parents about your interest in firearms and if they allow it, learn the correct and safe way to shoot.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

gmaster456 Likes This 
Old 06-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineverFTF View Post
Its questions and ignorance like this that make me dislike most teenagers
The kid is 13, cut him some slack guys. What 13 year old playing call of duty wouldn't want to get some of the weapons in the game, they are awesome.

He's lucky he has the internet to start searching/learing about his interests. I wish I had that luxury of such a wealth of information at that age, and call of duty!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 06-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #24

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
Since were on the topic...can anyone tell me where to get that Pulse Rifle from The movie Aliens, you know, the one that fired the caseless ammo so I can stop slipping on my spent brass while navigating air ducts and avoiding a cacoon at the hands of those slime dripping aliens?

Tack
There is a turret that fires caseless ammo, its called metal storm technology. This turret fires over 10,000 rounds a minute

metal_storm1b_f.jpg

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 06-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #25

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineverFTF
Its questions and ignorance like this that make me dislike most teenagers
It's questions and ignorance like this that means it's up to us with experience and patience to teach and educate. NOT to be mean, disrespectful, and condescending. Matthew likely didn't know a whole lot about guns and gun ownership BECAUSE he is so young.

Matthew, as I'm sure you've read so far, full auto smg are extremely expensive and not so easy to get. A person as young as you could have a hard time even shooting one legally, as some people like to scream "child endangerment" at three thought of a kid with a full auto.

Best bet, see if your Dad would be willing to pick up a "tactical" style .22 for you to learn with.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:20 AM   #26

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

It's questions and ignorance like this that means it's up to us with experience and patience to teach and educate. NOT to be mean, disrespectful, and condescending. Matthew likely didn't know a whole lot about guns and gun ownership BECAUSE he is so young.

Matthew, as I'm sure you've read so far, full auto smg are extremely expensive and not so easy to get. A person as young as you could have a hard time even shooting one legally, as some people like to scream "child endangerment" at three thought of a kid with a full auto.

Best bet, see if your Dad would be willing to pick up a "tactical" style .22 for you to learn with.
+1,000,000

If you treat young people with stupidity they are gonna grow up acting that way. We need to guide them in the right direction,not discourage them from something that they are interested in, especially firearms. I will always love the Ruger 10/22 as a first rifle for a youngster, although im sure that he will love the S&W M&P .22 rifle since it looks like an M4

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Last edited by MrWray; 06-28-2012 at 02:02 AM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-28-2012, 01:52 AM   #27

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Mathew they are right im sorry. That was my gut reaction. The guys are right. And to be fair the guns on call of duty are pretty awesome

Old 06-28-2012, 02:35 AM   #28

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineverFTF
Mathew they are right im sorry. That was my gut reaction. The guys are right. And to be fair the guns on call of duty are pretty awesome
It takes a man to come out and say that.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:15 AM   #29

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Mathew it sounds to me like you are looking at this weapon as a toy. It's great you are interested in weapons but your gettin ahead of your self get your dad to to get you a small 380 or 9 mm you gotta walk before you run I have been shooting sense I was 6 and am now 22 to and still own nothing automatic there fun but quite impractical....just food for thought.

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 06-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #30

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Talk to your parents Mathew. While you can't own the gun you mentioned, let your parents know about your interest in firearms. Take a gun/hunter safety class to learn how to handle and shoot them safely and responsibly. I got into shooting when I was 13. It's a great sport/hobby. Remember. Guns are NOT toys. Life is a fragile thing and it can end in an instant with one wrong move. Save your money and get a .22. Something like a Ruger 10/22. Be safe, and have fun.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity