camo tape
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > camo tape

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default camo tape

Im sure this has been asked before but i looked for over an hour. Anyways i have a savage mark 2 f thats showin up in a couple days and im excited it has a black synthetic stock. My question: is the mossy oak camo tape strong, good long lasting, and would it hold up good? I know black would be ok to hunt with i just really dig the camo. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #2

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redteck215
Im sure this has been asked before but i looked for over an hour. Anyways i have a savage mark 2 f thats showin up in a couple days and im excited it has a black synthetic stock. My question: is the mossy oak camo tape strong, good long lasting, and would it hold up good? I know black would be ok to hunt with i just really dig the camo. Thanks.
First things first, iI love your picture! Second, I used a off brand product from the local store for a while untill I switched to the mossy oak tape for my .270 and it has been on there for a little over a year and a half without any wear and tear. Mind you even while hunting I treat my rifles like my children and try not to beat them up to bad but for a few extra bucks its definetly a good camo tape. I would recoment looking into a camo synthetic stock though for the long haul. You wont have to worry asmuch about beating it up and having to replace it. The only problem i have had thoufg is in the winter if my gun rest in the snow for to long (over 6hours) the tape starts to get ripples on the edges and has to be replaced. This only happened twice it its probably becuase i put the tape on unevenly.

Have Gun....Will Travel

Last edited by jon1992d; 01-24-2012 at 07:34 AM.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #3

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I've used tape also and it works pretty good as long as you take your time putting it on without wrinkles and such. I used this on my 450 Bushmaster and really like it. Just follow the instructions and it isn't hard to use and so far is holding up well.
http://www.mossyoakgraphics.com/

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 01-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #4

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

We use thin skin 3m breathable camo tape , this stuff stretchs and conforms to any shape works best over black , we use it on all of our video cameras to film hunts , comes off without all the sticky crap left on when you do want to take it off , stays on pretty well and you can overlap this product if needed and it blends in with the stuff already on
http://www.innovativeadhesives.com/index.php?cID=73

Last edited by purehavoc; 01-24-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #5

Thanks for the imput. Id love to get a camo stock butt. Im streatched a tad tight so itd be a while.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #6

Oh and thanks on the pic coment its my favorite drink

Old 01-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #7

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by redteck215 View Post
Thanks for the imput. Id love to get a camo stock butt. Im streatched a tad tight so itd be a while.
Use the Mossyoak that I posted. It looks just like a dipped/painted camo stock. Not hard at all to do. Here's my AR. The AR is much harder to do because of all the details of the receiver but with patience, it wasn't that hard. A regular rifle or shotgun would be a piece of cake.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 01-25-2012, 03:36 AM   #8

That ar looks sweet! Nice work! Kinda jelous too.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:39 AM   #9

If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for the camo? Thanks

Old 01-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #10

Liked 2549 Times on 1454 Posts
Likes Given: 1980

If you have a deft hand with a spray can, why not rempove the stock and

paint it with plastic spray?

IIRC, it only takes 3 or 4 colors. Use an old board or cardboard for practice.