Which Cal is More Acurate - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Which Cal is More Acurate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 749 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 793

I'll admit, I don't own a .30-06, I use a 8x57, which is the parent case of .30-06. Felt Recoil is based on rifle design and weight. If your rifle weighs more the felt recoil will be equal with .30-06 compared w/ a lighter .308. There are some "rifles" that because of design tend to be more accurate. Drop at comb on a stock can impact felt recoil w/ the same action in the same caliber. The stock plays an important part, more then most realize. If you look at the evolution of the 1903, it started w/ a strait stock, and evolved into a different stock shape. Why? I've had .308's that could not touch an 8x57 w/ open sights. But when it comes to a purpose built rifle, that changes everything. If you are use to shooting a short action, switching to a long, or Magnum action can seem like a lifetime, and that in itself being forign can effect the way you shoot. Just as pulling the bolt back on a short action when you are use to a long action pulls many shooters off target. Trigger time is what makes accuracy. Knowing your rifle, its' limits, your limits.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.