Cabelas - 5.56 - eliminating backorders?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Cabelas - 5.56 - eliminating backorders?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Cabelas - 5.56 - eliminating backorders?

I'm looking to compare notes. Anyone else received empty shipments of 5.56 from backorders at cabellas?
If so, are they telling you that there unable to correct the situation?
I've had 5.56 ammo on backorder for a couple months. Cabellas told me a few dates I'd get it, but it never happened. Then before the next date they told me, I notice $ charge on my visa for part of my orders.
Ironically its about a day or two before the vice president starts sayin obamas going to do something earlier this month. Well, I was at least looking forward to about half my quantity. Because in my own mind, I had been thinking the current value is double what I was locked in at, and that they wouldn't cough it up untill, if or when, this stuff comes back down.
The next thing that happened was Cabellas drug there butt sending it out. Finally I get my boxes. They were light as a feather, and empty. Yes, they sent those green plastic boxes empty. Well, since then, I've been told more was on its way, and every other story under the sun. It seems they've currently settled on a consistant answer to the burn now. That is, " there is a glich in our system, and our computers won't let us correct it, therefore you lose your backorder." This unethical tactic sounds like a screw to me. Anyone else have this happen to them ????

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1104 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 242

They charged you for empty boxes of ammo, shipped across state lines? That is a no no on several levels. Point out to them, the consequences of mail fraud if they don't make it right. Also your credit card company will return the money to you, if you notify them in a certain amount of time. 60 days?

Old 01-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thank you AR10. Yes, they shipped empty boxes across state lines. I am very upset. I'm glad you pointed out this mail fraud bit. They are still have my money. I still have one of the boxes intact, unopened. It's obvious by weight it also is empty. I believe this is a dishonest intentional tactic by Cabelas in attempt to escape the advertised pricing that was agreed upon. Again, anyone else, have this happen to them?? Or has anyone else actually received any federal 5.56 ammo from them lately? Also, anyone know of any numbers, addresses, or agencies that oversee this type thing?

Old 01-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I have had a few problems with cabelas ordering in the past. They eventually got fixed bit they drug their feet for weeks. (which seems like forever when your waiting for a gun). I try to avoid them now. I have seen there prices on ammo as much as 10 dollars a box higher as well. Sportsmans is where I usually go now. Good luck.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2018 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 4293

Okay I find this very alarming, I just checked Cabelas website, ammunition for rifle section or bulk section. They do not have listed .223 or 5.56 ammo.

Cabelas is not selling the ammo for what I am reading!

MidwayUSA is out, backorder unavailable!

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 01-27-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #6

Liked 188 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Wow I would be pissed as I'm sure you are. I never liked doing business with cabellas, they are way too pricy. Big box stores should be charging way under msrp but everything I've seen there has been msrp

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Savage Model 11
Saiga 7.62x39
Mossberg MVP Varmint
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2
53 Springfield M1 Garand

Old 01-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNARG View Post
Wow I would be pissed as I'm sure you are. I never liked doing business with cabellas, they are way too pricy. Big box stores should be charging way under msrp but everything I've seen there has been msrp
Local sportsman's warehouse has not jacked the prices. They have stayed the same.

This is not looking good!

Old 01-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Okay I find this very alarming, I just checked Cabelas website, ammunition for rifle section or bulk section. They do not have listed .223 or 5.56 ammo.

Cabelas is not selling the ammo for what I am reading!

MidwayUSA is out, backorder unavailable!
They have listed .223/5.56 ammo. But when clicked onto such a page there is absolutely no description other than a false advertisement of brand names. Cabelas .... misleading if you ask me.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
They have listed .223/5.56 ammo. But when clicked onto such a page there is absolutely no description other than a false advertisement of brand names. Cabelas .... misleading if you ask me.
I did a search for 5.56 in ammo and had to items referenced; however, the 5.56 were either on the packaging and/or in the description area. When I scrolled down to the order area, one was 22-250 and the other 6.8 Calibers.

The rifle ammunition caliber types no mention of 223 or 5.56 ammunition:

From the pull-down memu, 223 should be between the ammo listed below - nothing:

.222 Remington

.240 Weatherby

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/shooting-ammunition-rifle-ammunition/_/N-1100190/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_104532480?WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat10479258 0%3Bcat104691780

Update:

Cabelas has no .223 or 5.56 it is gone from inventory listing! If this is the case folks, be very frugal on shooting until we get back to normal levels!

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 01-27-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:44 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yes, TNARG knows how I feel. I think a couple of us don't understand how this cabela thing supposedly works, so I'll explain.
1. instock
2. backorderable
3. non backorderable
4. sold out for season
5. discontinued

Ok, number 1 is obvious. 4 and 5 says go somewhere else. 3 is when cabellas feels there getting thin, and dont care to engage in a set price w/ customer at present time on future incoming products. 2 means cabelas gives you an expected date for this product. The customer then has the option to lock in at that price. As soon as the product arrives at cabellas, they'll ship it to you. It doesn't guarantee you'll get the product. But, you are guaranteed the agreement before they put it back in stock.
So in my situation, they have shipped me empty boxes, claiming there computer wont let them correct the situation, therefore our agreed price no longer stands. Cabellas is a major company. Thats why I went to them. I thought I'd avoid the chance the nonsense by paying a little more.