Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Buying from FFL dealer and claustrophobia (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/buying-ffl-dealer-claustrophobia-98181/)

CJx 10-05-2013 12:36 AM

Buying from FFL dealer and claustrophobia

Hello, I need to find out, buying from an FFL dealer I know you have to submit form 4473, would it be legal to fill out the form outside, and have the gun handed off through the door or outside of the building, without actually going inside of a small local FFL dealer building?

MisterMcCool 10-05-2013 12:57 AM

I don't think it matters where the transaction occurs. Dealers often sell at locations other than their primary storefronts (gun shows etc.)

DrumJunkie 10-05-2013 12:58 AM

Umm..maybe if the dealer is OK with it. But you show that kind of behavior and you might not make it to the form.

CJx 10-05-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumJunkie (Post 1392767)
Umm..maybe if the dealer is OK with it. But you show that kind of behavior and you might not make it to the form.

Kind of behavior? Claustrophobia is being afraid of enclosed spaces, I don't think there would be any non-legal issue.

SSGN_Doc 10-05-2013 01:05 AM

How small is the place? And how bad is the claustrophobia? Dealt with it one time with a new sailor who had never been on a submarine before. He toughed it out all the way to Spain before I could get him off the boat and sent back home. Seems like being able to see a door and head outside if things got bad should give you some control over the situation.

CJx 10-05-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc (Post 1392771)
How small is the place? And how bad is the claustrophobia? Dealt with it one time with a new sailor who had never been on a submarine before. He toughed it out all the way to Spain before I could get him off the boat and sent back home. Seems like being able to see a door and head outside if things got bad should give you some control over the situation.

The claustrophobia is magnified when being in small are not native or very familiar (i.e a home which is very familiar would be much less problem)

The person I am asking this question for can not handle being in a small space like a store if it is not native to him like a home.

mountainman13 10-05-2013 01:23 AM

I'll be the jerk in the room.

pho•bi•a*(ˈfoʊ bi ə)*n.,*pl.*-bi•as.a persistent, irrational fear of a specific object, activity, or situation that leads to a compelling desire to avoid it.

If the person can't handle going into the store to buy the gun they probably shouldn't own it.

MisterMcCool 10-05-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJx

The person I am asking this question for can not handle being in a small space like a store if it is not native to him like a home.

Better take his car then. :p

MisterMcCool 10-05-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13

If the person can't handle going into the store to buy the gun they probably shouldn't own it.

Not healthy enough to own a firearm? Dianne Feinstein, is that you?
At least we know he won't be stalking from classroom to classroom shooting randomly.

drvsafe 10-05-2013 01:40 AM

What about going to the range? Is there any issues with that? I mean those lanes are small! I'm not making fun I'm serious. I mean I'm sure there are plenty of outdoor ranges so maybe you can do that. But what about the winter?!?