Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Bushmaster ACR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Bushmaster ACR

My daughter Jenny's boyfriend has got the bug up to get a Bushmaster ACR. I don't know a damn thing about them.

Anyone who does, HELP!

"REMEMBER – What works for you may not, necessarily, work for me. Keep an open mind!"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2688 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

They are having some issues/bugs with them. The price tag is WAY TOO HIGH for me!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #3

You can get a basic model new for $1750 which is what you would spend for a nice upgraded AR, and is considerably less than the SCAR

I have put 550 rounds through mine with zero issues. I like the way it feels better than a few of the AR's and way better than a SCAR that I have handled. It is very sturdy despite the polymer lower and stock.

The earlier models had some rare cycling issues with 5.56, but I have noticed with mine that they have made minor changes to the gas block to prevent this. They are also now offered with 1:7 barrels and 1:9. Also, you may read how some people are having "slam fire" issues. These issues have been resolved as the new rifles (and earlier recalled rifles) have a lighter titanium firing pin replacement with a heavier spring

Only other complaint that i could have is that its a tiny bit heavier, but this is due to the fact that they currently only offer the heavier profile barrel version. Im sure that there will soon be other manufacturers offering lighter barrels in the future.

Bottom line, I absolutely love it! It is superbly accurate even after removing, cleaning, and replacing the barrel.

Last edited by NAK3D_N1NJA; 03-03-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: because

Old 03-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilogulf59 View Post
My daughter Jenny's boyfriend has got the bug up to get a Bushmaster ACR. I don't know a damn thing about them.

Anyone who does, HELP!

Great gun. I own one myself. Put well over 2000 rounds through it. I have yet to have feeding issues with it, even when my rock river was having issues with some reloads. It has had at least 500 reloads through it, some of them good reloads, some of them not the greatest in the world. Has to be kept well oiled (which you should do regardless) and at least somewhat clean.

Not all of us are trophy hunters.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

I would check it out first!
A while back they put out a warning to not fire the weapon until the factory was contacted! I am certainly not saying they are a bad weapon. Anyone can have an issue with a new design. And I am sure whatever issue they have has probably been resolved. But best to do a little research and be sure and not sorry later!

Old 03-09-2011, 11:03 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks folks...I think he changed his mind and is going with a S&W M&P AR...

"REMEMBER – What works for you may not, necessarily, work for me. Keep an open mind!"