Bushmaster ACR
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Bushmaster ACR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 02:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bushmaster ACR

Been looking at these for awhile. Worth the price? Let's hear your thoughts. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-12-2014, 06:20 AM   #2

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Way overpriced. You can get a far better rifle for half the price. If you're wanting to spend ACR money, look at competing designs at the price point.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-12-2014, 01:04 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5994 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Way overpriced. You can get a far better rifle for half the price. If you're wanting to spend ACR money, look at competing designs at the price point.
This is especially true because it doesn't meet its claims of return to zero for barrel mounts dismounts cycles and has issues with feeding and ejecting that were never addressed.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #4

Thanks for the input. I've also been looking at the Sig 556, several hundred cheaper. Plus just cant go wrong with the Sig name.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Old 04-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5994 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

if your looking for a solid ar15 thats going to work no matter what under any conditions go with a bravo company rifle with a chf barrel. pick lower of your choice buy the bravo company upper bravo company bolt carrier group and bravo company medium lever charging handle and optic of your choice.

i like using rock river arms lower recievers.

thats really the best way to go for a semi-auto chambered in 5.56/.223

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-12-2014, 04:57 PM   #6

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

JonM is right, it's hard to beat BCM. Like him, I have a BCM midlength upper with their BCG and #4 Gunfighter charging handle on a stripped lower of my choice. I built up the lower with a Daniel Defense LPK and BCM M4 stock kit. Adding MOE handguards and MBUS2 you can bring in that configuration for around $1,000. Then finish it with the optic, sling, etc. of your choice.

And there are other great choices, including the Colt 6920, that are much cheaper than the ACR.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:25 AM   #7

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

The acr is garbage. There are a lot better options . Any of the premium AR manufacturers like ( bcm, DD, larue, lwrc, colt and others) will be great choices. They put the parts that matter in the guns to make the very reliable.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I would consider looking into rock river arms rifles. Very high quality rifles and offered in a variety of platform set ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 04-24-2014, 08:37 PM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 14

My son has one a loves it I fired it at 300 yards it was very accurate IMHO.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #10

Liked 48 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default RRA AR's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyerracing343 View Post
I would consider looking into rock river arms rifles. Very high quality rifles and offered in a variety of platform set ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
I have 2 RRA's the Elite Comp and the Elite CAR. Both are well under 1moa shooters. I also REALY like the ATH which is next on my to get list.