Bump Fire Legality - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Bump Fire Legality

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 02:55 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
hmmmmmmmmm I dontt see a safe back stop for your shooting??
private property or not people wander onto property without knowning sometimes.
And all this time I thought you were safe minded , tsk tsk tsk
You know, I'm starting to think you have a real issue, and I guess you've decided it's with me. The amount of things you CAN'T see in that picture is staggering. But you must know that, your old enough to understand the concept of perspective.

I'm sorry you're so married to the idea of broadcasting poor behavioral choices over the web that you have to keep fighting about it. As it's clear you'll not change your mind, and I'm not likely to suddenly decided posting stupidity is a good idea, lets leave it off.

I'll continue to do what I feel is best for me, and the continued protection of our 2nd amendment rights, and I hope you'll do the same.

-Peter

Old 05-31-2008, 05:26 PM   #62

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Actually, I watched one just to see what bumpfiring was, but I haven't watched anymore.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:14 AM   #63

I was re-reading this thread again and found it interesting after a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEO View Post
Not sure you can ever ban it unless they change the law to state "Any manipulation that causes the weapon to fire multiple rounds at a rate which is faster than when done manually."
Then they are going to have a HUGE problem. I watched Jerry Miculek on the History Channel the other night. Here is part of it:

Later on, in the same show, he put a 10 rd mag in a 1911, and using two fingers in the trigger guard, they measured his rate of fire at over 600 rpm from the 1911.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:42 AM   #64
LEO

Looks like someone will need to register his finger with the ATF and pay a $200 tax to keep it. ;o)

Old 01-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #65
NAS

Default Bump Firing is compleatly legal!

For a weapon, or any other object for that mater, to be classified as a machine gun, it first must classify as a firearm, but I'm not getting into deffinitions of firearms at this time. The rubber band is not a firearm, nor is the string and ring. Second it must shoot more than one round of ammunition PER trigger pull. Bump firing any weapon consists of actuating the trigger, in any manner, in rapid succesion, thus the trigger is pulled and reset each time a round is fired. Any way you do this, be it with a rubber band, string and ring, thumb through the belt loop, recoil assisted, one of those 40 dollar "Hell Fire" trigger assists, "gat trigger" attachment or just being god awful fast with the finger/appendage you choose, is not illegal whatsoever, your weapon is still semi-auto and does not violate any laws. The shoe string trick does not manualy deactivate the sear internaly like a "lightning link", DIAS "Drop In Auto Sear", or an original auto sear, therefore it isn't illegal. It may use the forward momentem of the bolt to pull the trigger again, but that isn't illegal. Only having a weapon that will fire more than one round, PER trigger pull. This means you pull the trigger, keep it depressed, and the weapon shoots more than one round. All of the means of "Bump Firing" reliy on the trigger to be reset, by moving forward, in the short time delay between rounds.

Last edited by NAS; 01-14-2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Added information

Old 01-14-2009, 02:04 PM   #66
NAS

Default The only three reasons I would ever bump fire.

The first would be to practice this loved/hated art, so as to not spray the entire hill side with bullets here and there, and make sure they all go into my target, with control. The second is to have a little bit of fun wasting ammo, making noise, and pissing off the neighbors. The third, would be the whole reason why the first is even up here, that is because I didnt have enough money to buy a large caliber rifle, instead I "settled" with a 5.56 DPMS AR-15, and at close range (5-25 yds) I want to be able to put a few rounds into my target, in as little time possible, to make sure it goes down, and we all know that the 5.56 NATO doesnt have near the amount of stopping power that a .30 cal or larger projectile would. If I had my way, I would use a .45 ACP for the closer guys, but as I said, I settled for the 5.56. On a lighter note, I see the point of not giving the "Grabbers" any more ammo than possible, but I do enjoy watching a few auto or bump vids from time to time, whenever I get the time, which is hardly ever.

Last edited by NAS; 01-14-2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Added Information

Old 01-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #67

Liked 1441 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default Completely legal bump firing anywhere!

I've got a way to insure that your bump firing can be completely legal. Just lie!
Pack up all your ammo and ship it to me. I promise to dispose of it in a totally legal manner.
Then the next time your friends ask to go with you and do some bump shooting, just say can't do, I spent my entire ammo supply bump firing the other day.
All your 'friends' will either be impressed, or see you for the dummy you are (for wasting ammo) and move on to another dummy that will agree to go waste ammo with them.
You retain the props, are still out the value and utility of the ammo but with no culpability!
Please give me a heads-up when to expect your shipment.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-16-2009, 04:56 AM   #68

I would not want to draw attention to this activity, and even if the noise did not concern most people, just one or two might assume that it is an automatic weapon (that can never be a good thing). Ammo costs too much, if larger than .22 and don't want to put any unnecessary stress on a rifle, planning to keep all of them for a long time.

My profile is kept very low when shooting, and after discovering 'Youtube' last spring, learned about bump-fire after a friend, who is on the Navy Reserve Rifle Team, explained what the term means.
Minis and some good old 'commie guns'.

Last edited by Laufer; 01-16-2009 at 05:00 AM.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:57 AM   #69

I bump fire my AK regularly, just for the hell of it. My best friend and I compete to see who has the worst group, loser buying lunch. As to videos, there are enough legal full auto videos to give anti gunners all the ammo they want. And any group that sees an 870 w/ a pistol grip as more dangerous than one w/o is not a group that uses logic. As tor your sig line, its just one more example of the problem. The problem is a lack of understanding and comprimise. How many of us actually care about gay marriage for example? I'm not gay so it doesn't affect me. Now, what if we stopped fighting that, which should be a right they have, and they comprimised and gave up the anti gun fight? This is America. Freedom here should mean the right for others to pursue a lifestyle of there choosing whether you agree with it or not to a point. You dont have to partake in being gay to let them have the right to marry their lover, just like they dont have to buy a gun just cause its our freedom to keep and bear arms. One mans personal beliefs should not dictate the course of freedom in this country.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:13 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2offroad View Post
You know, I'm starting to think you have a real issue, and I guess you've decided it's with me. The amount of things you CAN'T see in that picture is staggering. But you must know that, your old enough to understand the concept of perspective.

I'm sorry you're so married to the idea of broadcasting poor behavioral choices over the web that you have to keep fighting about it. As it's clear you'll not change your mind, and I'm not likely to suddenly decided posting stupidity is a good idea, lets leave it off.

I'll continue to do what I feel is best for me, and the continued protection of our 2nd amendment rights, and I hope you'll do the same.

-Peter
This thread started with a poorly worded post with an astounding implied arrogance and rudeness, and hass ended in a pissing contest. This is absurd. While I completely disagree with the original poster, think his approach to the topic was in astoundingly poor taste, and his sig line is more of a problem than bump firing, I would never poke at his age, experience, intelligence, or anything eles that gets personal and leads to this kind of b.s. None of us should. This is AMERICA. We still have the freedom to differ in our opinions. We are a brotherhood here. We must stand united, and learn to present ourselves in a way seen as politically correct if we're going to survive. We can't be the ignorant, violent, dumb hillbillies we're made out to be. In this thread, we've given ammo in the fashion that we can't agree and that we think some of us are dumb and unsafe even though bump firing can be perfectly safe in the right situation. That we are racist, biggoted, gay bashing, anti womans rights. And finally the "i like to spray bullets and blow things up... it make jethro happy" approach. We need to be more courteous, respectful, and aware of ourselves if we're gonna survive Obama's reign.

Closed Thread