Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Bump Fire Legality

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 12:32 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 200 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEO View Post
I can see bump firing as being a machine gun. You cycle the trigger one time and it keeps shooting to the mag runs dry or you do something to stop the recoil. So even if the "item" is not banned... such as a "rubber band".... it is now a machine gun as far as the definition goes.
Nope. It's still one shot per pull of the trigger, whether just using the
finger or a rubber band. The finger pulls the trigger, gun fires, finger
releases trigger. Repeat. Legal, and a whole lot of fun.

The shoestring/ring trick harnesses the mechanical action of the firearm
to pull the trigger. Not much different than the forward motion of the bolt
tripping the sear in a conventional machine gun design. Not legal

Old 02-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #32
LEO

True..... As long as your finger is pulling the trigger each time...

But we all know the ATF..... They can switch things up as needed.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:17 AM   #33

Default Bump Fire

I know that bump firing looks cool and is probably fun. But why on earth would you want to bump fire? That's the question in this thread, why do you or would you want to bump fire?

My answer is I wouldn't. Even if automatic weapon were legal, I have no use for them, nor do I have a use to try to make my semi-auto try to fire like an auto. I'm a tight wad when it comes to money and I just see it as an absolute waste of ammo. Also, do you guys who think it's fun to put up videos of you bump firing on youtube realize we are fight a P.R. war here for gun rights. Please stop making us gun owners who care about safety and responsibility look like a bunch of jackasses with the rest of you.

I'm not saying that all the bump fire videos are irresponsible, but I will say this, if you are going to make a shooting video, please don't act more immature than my 6 yr old. You just make it easier for the media and lobbiests and politicians to justify taking our freedoms away.

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #34

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

this is coming from a guy who's avatar is a man pointing a gun straight at the camera??? maybe you need to look at yourself before talking or judging others

Old 05-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #35

Default bumps

I have not seen any one around here make a gun like that. For several years at the local gun show a dealer plays a video of a spring that you can attach to the trigger that will make it like an fully auto as long as your finger still touches the trigger. Fully legal it claims. It looks cool and so does the ladies wearing the bikinis but I to just couldn't afford that much ammo.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables View Post
I know that bump firing looks cool and is probably fun. But why on earth would you want to bump fire? That's the question in this thread, why do you or would you want to bump fire?

My answer is I wouldn't. Even if automatic weapon were legal, I have no use for them, nor do I have a use to try to make my semi-auto try to fire like an auto. I'm a tight wad when it comes to money and I just see it as an absolute waste of ammo. Also, do you guys who think it's fun to put up videos of you bump firing on youtube realize we are fight a P.R. war here for gun rights. Please stop making us gun owners who care about safety and responsibility look like a bunch of jackasses with the rest of you.

I'm not saying that all the bump fire videos are irresponsible, but I will say this, if you are going to make a shooting video, please don't act more immature than my 6 yr old. You just make it easier for the media and lobbiests and politicians to justify taking our freedoms away.

Between your Avatar and your sig line, I'm not sure I want you posing for our "this is a gun owner" poster either..

I think bump fire is lame because it's a waste of rounds, all for the sake of "sounding" full auto.. You can't hit crap that way.

-Peter

Old 05-27-2008, 04:58 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2offroad View Post
Between your Avatar and your sig line, I'm not sure I want you posing for our "this is a gun owner" poster either..

I think bump fire is lame because it's a waste of rounds, all for the sake of "sounding" full auto.. You can't hit crap that way.

-Peter
Avatar is change, and trust me, I'm not posing for any posters, nor am I making any videos. As for my sig line, I could have pick more radical ones, but I decided not to quote the Founding Fathers. I am almost 30 with 3 kids and have no plans of revolting against the government, my sig line is true and has been for 222 yrs. *Actually did decide to quote the Founding Fathers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
this is coming from a guy who's avatar is a man pointing a gun straight at the camera??? maybe you need to look at yourself before talking or judging others
Not a judgment, I love having fun while I'm out shooting, but I'm not making videos of me out shooting and if I did it would be for gun safety. My point the first time a college student gets a rubber band around a trigger and bump fires into a crowd of classmates you and I both know that bump fire videos from YouTube and any videos of anybody doing anything remotely dangerous all over the news with activist calling for more gun laws. I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm trying to save our butts in case something happens like that. Thanks for the heads up on the avatar and that's why I changed it. I'm totally open to people of any group I belong to confronting me about things, I may not agree, nor will I always take their advise. A true friend tells you that your fly is down before you go in front of a group of people. I'm the first that doesn't want to give the enemy ammo against us and let us not forget this is a war of opinions because people in this country don't think the Constitution means anything anymore.

Last edited by Jables; 05-27-2008 at 05:51 PM.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:19 AM   #38

I will admit that I have watched some bump firing videos on you tube and got a kick out of some of them.
It's my "new guy" awe that enjoys it I suppose. It's uses a lot of ammo and it could be dangerous if you are inexperienced with firearms.

I have never tried it as I do not feel that my "prowess" with firearms allows me to do it without possibly hurting myself or one of my friends that I go shooting with. That and I only have a 22 caliber rifle.

If I ever decide to try it one day I will not be posting a video of it on the interweb. For me it is just a personal matter of privacy. Nothing more, nothing less.

To each his own. Just be safe and have fun everybody.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:23 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted_klown View Post
I will admit that I have watched some bump firing videos on you tube and got a kick out of some of them.
It's my "new guy" awe that enjoys it I suppose. It's uses a lot of ammo and it could be dangerous if you are inexperienced with firearms.

I have never tried it as I do not feel that my "prowess" with firearms allows me to do it without possibly hurting myself or one of my friends that I go shooting with. That and I only have a 22 caliber rifle.

If I ever decide to try it one day I will not be posting a video of it on the interweb. For me it is just a personal matter of privacy. Nothing more, nothing less.

To each his own. Just be safe and have fun everybody.
Thank you klown, that's my point. I'm not against bump firing. I just think we have to be careful to make sure we aren't hurting the cause.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:57 AM   #40

[edited for clarity]

(this is the response to the bump fire post)
Honestly I do frown on "bump" fire, as it does create the impression of full auto and that only stirs up the gun fearing set.

(This is my feelings on the national urge to post every single thing "we" do on the web, even the illegal stuff, an act I think is also pretty stupid)
Hell I guess I don't care if folks want to do it, why must the experience be posted all over the web? It's like anything, if you do something illegal, or just very very stupid, with your guns just keep it to yourself. I do not get the societal need to display, openly and for as many viewers as can find it, the wanton violation of common sense or of the law. For me thats just stupid and it sets up a poor public image for the rest of us..

-Peter

Last edited by live2offroad; 05-28-2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: edited for clarity

Closed Thread