Bullpup, anyone?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Bullpup, anyone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 06:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bullpup, anyone?

Despite a past smeared my what seems to be nothing but built up public opinion, they have a bad rep. but to me it seems they are a under utilized weapon system.

I love short barreled weapons. but with that you get the draw back of range and of course uncle sam's men lookin in on you once you put 'buttstock' and 'under 16 inches' in the same sentence.

i found what could be my new love in the Keltec RFB. bullpup, revolutionary design, simple as hell, and the best part- its a .308. So far i havent found too bad of a review unless its from some AR lover being a douche. anybody have experiece with this piece, comments?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-15-2011, 07:14 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Pics man, we need pics.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:33 AM   #3

ask and thy shall recieve my friend

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Old 07-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #4

i like the OD green one. all black rifles stand out like a sore thumb in woodland ops

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Old 07-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #5

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Naaaaghh. I'll take an Aug any day.

Scubie

augs.jpg  

Old 07-15-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6017 Times on 3151 Posts
Likes Given: 431

ive got way more varieties of rifles that just AR15s but bullpus arent one of em. the reason i dont like bullpus rifle layout is the ergonomics are abysmal. its like whomever designed the first one had a study done of what is the best ergonomic layout for a rifle then did the exact opposite.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

It's cool but I just can't get into them. I like rifles with a little more reach.

Can we expect a range report?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcprofessional View Post
Despite a past smeared my what seems to be nothing but built up public opinion, they have a bad rep. but to me it seems they are a under utilized weapon system.

I love short barreled weapons. but with that you get the draw back of range and of course uncle sam's men lookin in on you once you put 'buttstock' and 'under 16 inches' in the same sentence.

i found what could be my new love in the Keltec RFB. bullpup, revolutionary design, simple as hell, and the best part- its a .308. So far i havent found too bad of a review unless its from some AR lover being a douche. anybody have experiece with this piece, comments?
I don't have any experience with that firearm or bullpup firearms, but I have a buddy of mine who does.

Here's the link to his youtube review of it.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 07-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #9

I owned a bullpup rifle for a bit. I was taken in with the cool looks and short barrel sticking out in front of me.
The problem I ran into is a much SLOWER mag change out. I grew up on rifles where the mag is in front of your trigger finger. Mag changes meant, dropping empty and slammin in full. An easy fluid motion. When you go bullpup, that all changes. First, when you release the mag, it hangs up on your chest if you try to keep the weapon in place. Then when you try to load in another mag, you dont have the muscle memory to make it a fluid motion and end up bumping the top of the mag all around the mag well. Kinda like screwing for the first time drunk. Thats fine if you are at the range but not so good if you find yourself in a bad situation. Now, with practice and training you can get past that but it is just another thing to learn and get used to.
As far as accuracy goes, I honestly dont think there was a big enough difference to even talk about. Keep in mind, the shortest barrel length I have ever owned is 16.5". I am SURE there is a noticable diff between say a 10 or 11" barrel and an 18" bullpup. I simply can not speak about that as I dont have any first hand knowledge.
Overall, if you are looking for something with cool factor and have the oppertunity to practice, a bullpup will do well by you. If you are a long time shooter of other mag fed weapons (AR's, AK's, FAL's, M1A's etc) you may end up feeling like a left handed person trying to write an essay with your right hand.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 07-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #10

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I've never shot a bullpup, but I gotta say, they seem like the best design by far.

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis