Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Bulk 308 Ammo Questions (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/bulk-308-ammo-questions-78365/)

Rhuarc 12-13-2012 03:08 PM

Bulk 308 Ammo Questions
 
I am looking at buying some bulk 308 ammo, and I have come across some good deals on Lake City, PMC, and American International. I prefer to avoid really dirty ammo unless the price is just too good to pass up. Have any of you used any of these three ammos (PMC, Lake City, Amer. Int. or some other brand worth looking into), and what are your suggestions?

P.S.
Let me add Prvi partizan to that list.

Thanks in advance.

jjfuller1 12-13-2012 03:14 PM

PMC will probly be a little dirty. lake city is good. not tried the other.
PMC isnt bad. just dirty.

robocop10mm 12-13-2012 07:20 PM

OK, you do realize that Lake City does not make .308 ammo, right? Please familiarize yourself with the differences between .308 and 7.62 X 51 (NATO).

M1Anut 12-13-2012 07:23 PM

Lake City makes very good 7.62 ammo!

locutus 12-13-2012 07:28 PM

If you can get Lake City 7.62 for a reasonable price, grab every round you can afford!

Rhuarc 12-13-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 1050376)
OK, you do realize that Lake City does not make .308 ammo, right? Please familiarize yourself with the differences between .308 and 7.62 X 51 (NATO).

Thank you for the aid.

From an internet site where I'm looking at purchasing my ammo:

308 Win (7.62x51mm) NATO 149gr FMJBT Federal ammo XM80 120 Rds Load out Packs

Lake City NATO Stamped Brass, Non-Corrosive, Boxer primed reloadable brass case, Bulk Packed in Load out Pack/120rds. The XM80 is a 2012 contract product. 120 Rounds of new .308 ammo, This ammo is the Good Stuff, BRASS CASE/BOXER PRIMED, Fully Reloadable Ammunition.

SPECIFICATIONS:
NATO XM80 FMJBT Ball Ammunition 149gr - NON-CORROSIVE - BRASS CASE/BOXER PRIMED - Brand new US Military GI surplus ammo - 120 RD packed with date 2012 headstamps



Quantity 1 - 4 5 - 7 8+
Price $139.99 $129.99 $119.99
On Sale! $129.99 $119.99 $106.99
In Stock


Quantity

bluez 12-13-2012 09:15 PM

PMC is supplier to the ROK military,

Their ammo sometimes has a funny kim-chi smell after firing (not kidding here!) but its good stuff.

Rhuarc 12-13-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluez (Post 1050508)
PMC is supplier to the ROK military,

Their ammo sometimes has a funny kim-chi smell after firing (not kidding here!) but its good stuff.

Now that's funny.

2tone0311 12-14-2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhuarc

Thank you for the aid.

From an internet site where I'm looking at purchasing my ammo:

308 Win (7.62x51mm) NATO 149gr FMJBT Federal ammo XM80 120 Rds Load out Packs

Lake City NATO Stamped Brass, Non-Corrosive, Boxer primed reloadable brass case, Bulk Packed in Load out Pack/120rds. The XM80 is a 2012 contract product. 120 Rounds of new .308 ammo, This ammo is the Good Stuff, BRASS CASE/BOXER PRIMED, Fully Reloadable Ammunition.

SPECIFICATIONS:
NATO XM80 FMJBT Ball Ammunition 149gr - NON-CORROSIVE - BRASS CASE/BOXER PRIMED - Brand new US Military GI surplus ammo - 120 RD packed with date 2012 headstamps

Quantity 1 - 4 5 - 7 8+
Price $139.99 $129.99 $119.99
On Sale! $129.99 $119.99 $106.99
In Stock

Quantity

Lake city makes the brass federal completes the cycle

locutus 12-14-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2tone0311 (Post 1050748)
Lake city makes the brass federal completes the cycle

Lake City Army Ammunition Plant (LCAAP) is operated by Federal under government contract. This ammo is overruns from military production runs.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:25 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.