Buffalo Classic Rifle 45-70

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Buffalo Classic Rifle 45-70

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Default Buffalo Classic Rifle 45-70

I'd like some opinions from those who have owned this rifle.

H&R Buffalo Classic Rifle 45-70 Government

I'm mainly interested in the action strength and overall sturdiness.

I also would like to know about that Williams receiver sight, it doesn't look like it would offer much in elevation. Would it have enough elevation to take a subsonic load out to 400 yards?

I have another question that is more reloading specific... how fast can one push a hard-cast bullet?

Thanks in advance!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-08-2012, 01:47 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

you beat me to this post, i wanted to know the same info, had a few h&r break action rifles, accurate but broke open upon firing, hope someone posts good stuff cause i want one!

Old 08-08-2012, 02:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kid
I'd like some opinions from those who have owned this rifle.

H&R Buffalo Classic Rifle 45-70 Government

I'm mainly interested in the action strength and overall sturdiness.

I also would like to know about that Williams receiver sight, it doesn't look like it would offer much in elevation. Would it have enough elevation to take a subsonic load out to 400 yards?

I have another question that is more reloading specific... how fast can one push a hard-cast bullet?

Thanks in advance!
I own two of them. Great rifles one I use for cowboy action shooting the other hunting. 32 inch bbl w I'll handle any round you wish to use. Mine are scoped. 250 grain Barnes makes excellent hunting round. At around 2300 ft per sec.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #4

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate-soldier5 View Post
you beat me to this post, i wanted to know the same info, had a few h&r break action rifles, accurate but broke open upon firing, hope someone posts good stuff cause i want one!
I found a fix for that problem... it seems to have to do with actions not fitted with specific barrels at the factory.

BARREL FITTING FOR THE NOVICE

Hopefully that issue will not show-up with a new rifle. :/

Thanks for the heads-up!

Old 08-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

thanks for the info, my dad has the rifles now but i will pass the info off to him. they were factory barrels too, one is a .223 and the other im not sure never got into em but dad uses em for coyotes. thanks again