Buffalo Bill Winchester 30-30
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Buffalo Bill Winchester 30-30

View Poll Results: Well?
Get it 5 100.00%
Don't get it 0 0%
the required 3rd option: Other, Please Specify 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Buffalo Bill Winchester 30-30

I know quite a bit about pistols and revolver; however, my knowledge of rifles/shotguns is lacking. A friend of mine has a gun shop and often calls me when he get a gun that he thinks I will like. I have recently got into cowboy shooting with my Uberti and my CZ hammer coachgun. Anyways, he called me when he got a winchester levergun in trade. It is a Buffalo Bill Commemorative in 30-30. I took a look at it and it is beautiful.

It has an octagonal 26" barrel, saddle ring, engraving, and a perfect wood stock with a very contrasting grain. He said, "to me" he would sell it for $350. It is used but the original owner said it was a collection piece and never shot. It comes with the original box and papers as well. I know the barrel might be a little long, but I like the look of the longer barrel as well.

I was just wondering if this is a good levergun to start with and if there are any special concerns with this gun. Also, I doubt it but would the warrenty still be active?

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #2

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1257

$350 is a little short of what a Marlin 30-30 is selling for at my local Walmart. There is no comparison. I would snap up that Winchester if it was me! Sometimes commemorative stuff can be a little cheesy. But Winchester is a class act.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Who's selling it, where and how do I get in touch with them? Just kidding.

At that price, snap it up. $350 for any near new Winchester is an excellent price.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1220 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 587

$350 for a Buffalo Bill is a good price for a gun that has been fired,and a great price for one that includes the box and paperwork and is unfired.