Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Rifle Discussion (
-   -   Browning a and x bolts (

gaeilgeoir 08-08-2011 09:55 AM

Browning a and x bolts
Im confused here, what is the difference? And are they any good?

stalkingbear 08-08-2011 03:44 PM

I'm a HUGE fan of the A-bolt/X-bolt! The main differences are the X-bolt has a removable polymer magazine whereas the A-bolt has a concealed removable steel magazine. The X-bolt has 4 screws to retain each of the scope mounts instead of 2. The X-bolt has a bolt release button to work the bolt without taking it off safety.

The A/X bolts have many great features such as 3 locking lugs, 60 degree bolt lift, well designed magazine, tang safety, They come factory glass bedded & free floated barrel, fit & finish is superb for a standard factory rifle, accuracy is great, and the crisp factory trigger is user adjustable. I could keep going but you get the idea.

gaeilgeoir 08-08-2011 05:57 PM

Haha I think I do, but I dont mind, there more info the better :) so there isnt really a difference in operation or performance then? Its just a few little things? Like the magazines and stuff?

stalkingbear 08-08-2011 06:31 PM

Naturally the stock has somewhat of a "euro" look on the X-bolts as you likely already noticed.

gaeilgeoir 08-08-2011 06:45 PM

No? :P euro? :P i actually dnt know too much about them...thats why i started this :P what do you mean? :P

stalkingbear 08-08-2011 06:55 PM

Here's the factory site on Brownings. It shows the styling of both.
X-Bolt Hunter, Accurate Bolt Action Deer Elk Big Game Varmint Hunting Rifle, Browning Firearms Product

gaeilgeoir 08-08-2011 10:38 PM

Oh ok i kinda get it now :) :P and so theres bo major differences then?

jpattersonnh 08-08-2011 10:43 PM

The A-bolt is purdy! That is the Euro model.