Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Browning Rifles? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/browning-rifles-33970/)

scott92 11-04-2010 06:44 PM

Browning Rifles?

I've recently been looking at browning rifles and ive figured im going to get the .300 win mag in either the xbolt or the abolt but i have not heary any news whether theyre a nice gun or not. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

amoroque 11-04-2010 06:53 PM

I have an A bolt in 30.06 and my buddy shoots an X bolt medallion in 300 WSM. Both are absolutely beautiful and reliable firearms.

I really like Browning rifles, I also really like the BOSS system....that is since I've figured out how to use it properly (Thanks again Bear!).

There has been a lot of discussion on this forum regarding Browing rifles....many of the people here think that they are overpriced and that you can get another quality rifle for a lot less and not sacrifice quality, accuracy etc.

scott92 11-04-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoroque (Post 380532)
I have an A bolt in 30.06 and my buddy shoots an X bolt medallion in 300 WSM. Both are absolutely beautiful and reliable firearms.

I really like Browning rifles, I also really like the BOSS system....that is since I've figured out how to use it properly (Thanks again Bear!).

There has been a lot of discussion on this forum regarding Browing rifles....many of the people here think that they are overpriced and that you can get another quality rifle for a lot less and not sacrifice quality, accuracy etc.

What exatcly do you mean by you figured out how to use the BOSS system?... Also personally do you like the Abolt or the Xbolt, and are you able to tell any differences? thanks

mtnshooter 11-04-2010 07:20 PM

I just borrowed my buddies Browning 30.06 for an elk hunt last week. No meat unfortunately, but during sight in that thing was a tack driver! Heavy as all get out but accurate! At one point he called it an A Bolt and then later he said it was a Mark IV. I did not ask him about that, just assumed that the Mark IV is an A bolt????

jpattersonnh 11-04-2010 08:06 PM

Browning makes a great rifle. I have a .22WMR A-bolt Gold Medallion(1988), only made for 2 years and a 1981 Steel receiver .308 BLR. Love them.

jpattersonnh 11-04-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott92 (Post 380538)
What exatcly do you mean by you figured out how to use the BOSS system?... Also personally do you like the Abolt or the Xbolt, and are you able to tell any differences? thanks

The Boss system "tunes" your rifle for a specific round.

lonyaeger 11-04-2010 08:28 PM

I am partial to Browning rifles. I have a T-Bolt in .17HMR and an old .22LR semi-auto. Both are beauties and very well-made.

I would LOVE to have an X-Bolt and maybe I will some day.

amoroque 11-04-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott92 (Post 380538)

I bought my rifle used and didnt have an owners manual. I played around with the BOSS system a little, but I found out how to tune it recently and it is really an accurate rifle.

I havent shot the X bolt. There are some differences between the a bolt and x bolt.

Here is the last thread on A bolt vs X bolt.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/browning-x-bolt-bolt-8195/

Vearl Brown 11-05-2010 08:46 PM

If you EVER need a manual for ANY of BrowninG products all you have to do is call or write them (BrowninG) and they will give you one (if they are still available) for FREE !!!
I worked for them for 38 years and they were always glad to get the manuals out.
If you don't know how to work their product properly then it's not preforming up to it's potential and they want it to do that and for you to be happy with their products. And I can tell from personal experience that they will go WAY out of their way to try to make you happy---THAT'S FOR SURE !!!

Wambli 11-06-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott92 (Post 380527)
I've recently been looking at browning rifles and ive figured im going to get the .300 win mag in either the xbolt or the abolt but i have not heary any news whether theyre a nice gun or not. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Browning makes OUTSTANDING rifles worth every penny you pay for them. My first deer rifle was an A bolt in 7mm-08 and it killed a lot of deer. I sold it to my best frined because he fell in love with it and HAD to have it. He killed is first deer with it too and still has it. His kids are beating each other over who gets the gun when he is ready to give it up.