Which Browning...A-Bolt or X-Bolt?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Which Browning...A-Bolt or X-Bolt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 03:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Which Browning...A-Bolt or X-Bolt?

Hi guys, this is my first post. Im sure this has prolly been hashed out before, but I am about to buy my 1st ever high powered rifle. That of course being a Browning. My question is which is the better gun. The X-Bolt or A-Bolt.
As of now, I'm really leaning towards the X-Bolt. However, my cousin and a dealer at the local gun store prefer and recommend the A-Bolt. The caliber I want is the 308. I want to do white tail hunitn and kill some coyotes, as well as other varmits. BTW, the model I am considering is the Medallion, and the Hunter. Well, mays well throw in the Stainless Stalker too! LOL!
Thanks for any and all help fellas!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-28-2011, 03:37 AM   #2

It seems the A-Bolt's are not available in short action anymore either.
And, also does the A-Bolt have the feather trigger as the X-Bolt does.
I do like the idea of the BOSS system though. Of course thats only available on the A-Bolt's which do not offer 308.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:45 AM   #3

My mistake. Browning offers the 308 in the A-Bolt. The Micro Hunter.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:39 AM   #4

It seems as though rifle for rifle not including the BOSS system, that the X-Bolt is a more exspensive rifle. For example: The X-Bolt Medallion in 300 Win Mag is $ 1,020.00 The A-Bolt Medallion in 300 Win Mag $ 869.00
That to me is a substantial difference in price. That tells me that the trigger system along with the finer recoilpad of the X-Bolt make it a more exspensive rifle. However, I cannot figure why BOSS system is not offered on the X-Bolt rifles. They seem to both have the same barrels. Both have target crowns if I'm not mistaken. Maybee the differences do lye in the feather trigger system and the advanced recoil pad if the X-Bolt models. What i would like to have is a X-Bolt rifle in 308 w/the BOSS system. But they do not offer it.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:48 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

me personally I prefer the 30-06 has a flatter trajectory then the 308

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 05-28-2011, 04:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmille01 View Post
me personally I prefer the 30-06 has a flatter trajectory then the 308
Yeah, the ole -06 is a legend for sure. Thats the #1 seller in these here parts where I live. I think they said a 270 was next.